Family Picture

Family Picture

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The One With No Daddy Day 9

So I am a terrible counter. Monday was supposed to be day 8. So if you look really closely at the blog and see that there is no day 8, that is why.

Got up really early Tuesday, got ready for work, and got the kids up and ready for work. We got there at 7:40, which was a bit earlier then I had intended, but then I guess it makes it possible to leave earlier, so that was nice. Mostly they played, watched Shrek again and again, and took naps. They played outside for a little bit while I swept the patio area where people walk in. But by about 4 o'clock I could tell they were a little over it.

So we left just before 5, took a HUGE load of stuff to the DI, and then drove the long way home. Preslie had a freak out the moment we came in . . . you haven't seen a meltdown until you have seen an 18 month old GIRL meltdown I swear . . . so she got to sit in timeout for a bit. Then we watched Blues Clues and the kids took a bath. Really they probably went to bed WAY to early at 7:30, but Preslie didn't get two naps in, and Parker's nap was like 30 minutes long, so I felt like it was okay . . . plus Mommy just needed some quiet time.

Parker came into my room later to talk to Daddy, and he sat on my bed eating raisins and watching "Numbers" with me. He is cute. I think I'll keep him.

Again another fairly good day, except Tuesday seemed to DRAG by. I could have sworn I had been at work for 6 hours, and then I would look at the clock, and it was only 10. SHEESH!!!!

Today is all about making Parker's cake and freezing it. Then we have activity days, and a family dinner. I'm glad I am not in charge of entertaining them ALL day! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment