Family Picture

Family Picture

Monday, July 25, 2011

The One With No Daddy Day 5

Ooohhh Friday!
This means Daddy is coming home!!!!

My Mom had said Thursday night that if Parker wasn't feeling well, I didn't have to come into work on Friday. Well, the kids slept in super later. I got up, got ready, ate breakfast, they both got up around nine and ate. Then they were just crazy. Trying to get the two of them ready, and get lunches made and packed, and get all of our stuff ready and in the car for the day was nuts! Seriously. My mom called at 11 o'clock - seriously, where did the time go - and I told her I was still planning on coming in. Then I came back downstairs and Preslie was asleep on the floor . . . hmm I guess I'm not coming in yet though.

I didn't end up getting to work until 2:30. And even then the kids were still being crazy, and unhappy, and didn't want to sit and watch movies. I got a little bit of work done. Then I really started cleaning and organizing the showhouse with Mom since as of right now, most of the stuff from the showroom is just piled in places. Jordan had a date that night, and they were coming back to watch a movie in the theater, so the mission was to at least get the two rooms she would walk through cleaned up and organized.

It sounded like the day hadn't gone much better at the office. A lot of running around, a lot of confusion, so I was semi glad I wasn't the only one dealing with it. By 5 the kids and I were leaving. Yes 5. Good thing I drove into Meridian to work for two and a half hours. ha ha.

The plan was to go to Zurcher's, a party supply store, and find all sorts of Pirate stuff for Parker's party. I was hoping to have this take an hours. Then go to a McDonald's or something and get dinner and let the kids play in the playplace until it was time to either go for a drive or go and pick up Daddy. Eric was supposed to be landing at 8:30.

Well, plans never work when you have two kis under 3. We went to Zurcher's and walked out 25 minutes later. That meant I had 2 1/2 hours to kill with the kids. The plan was not to drive all the way back to Nampa only to turn around and drive back out to Boise to pick up Eric. But it started looking like that was the best option. Especially when Eric called and said that their flight was delayed . . . of COURSE their flight was delayed, what airline does keep on time!!!

So we ended up going home, grabbing McDonald's on the way, sitting at the dinner table and watching High School Musical 3 because the kids are always glued to the singing scenes. About 8:00 we got cleaned up and left. Drove the whole way there, stopped and got some gas, parked and walked up to the waiting room at the airport - which, might I say, was PACKED with two families waiting for missionaries to come home. It was awesome to see so many people show up and wait for a missionary, and I am sure they were so excited, but they took up SOOO much room. All Preslie wanted to do was run to the escalator, so I constantly had to be holding her, and then the flight was of course late coming in to. They didn't even land until 9:10 so the kids and I were waiting outside for close to 45 minutes, which was a little interesting.

But FINALLY we saw him and there was Daddy coming home to see us for a few hours! Very exciting stuff. Looking back, Eric said it best, the days were long, but the week seemed to go by fast. I am hoping for just such a fast day/week scenario to happen the coming week when he is gone again!

No comments:

Post a Comment