Family Picture

Family Picture

Friday, July 29, 2011

The One With No Daddy Day 11

Thursday was nice. Definitely a needed wind down after Wednesday's activities. 
I didn't wake up until 8. Got ready, ate some breakfast, got the kids up to eat breakfast and we meandered about the day until we got to work at 10. 
The 10 to 5 work schedule is much better . . . at least so far, I guess there has only been a day to compare it to. But it gives the kids time to sleep and wake up on their own, then slowly go about eating and getting ready, rather than it being rush, rush, RUSH! We worked yesterday, went out for a few minutes and picked some raspberies, then worked some more. We left at five and went home. 
I could go without the 5 o'clock rush hour traffic on the free way, I will say that. I can't wait til they finally finish all their construction . . . . at least it's not Utah, their freeways are ALWAYS under construction.

We got home, and I actually MADE dinner for the first time. For the most part, if we haven't been at family parties, it's been reheating and microwaving stuff this whole time. But I actually made soup, and it was delicious, and Parker and I ate it, and then we all watched Jetsons for a little bit and went to bed. 

Parker of course came in for chocolate raisins, but Preslie seemed to go down pretty well . . . which makes sense cause she didn't take a nap at all. 

Friday is D DAY!!! Daddy is coming home, and for good this time. I am very excited, and I think the kids are excited too . . . even if they don't know it. Eric says he is bored with training and ready to come home too. I think he's just out of swing with the bachelor life anymore, which is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment