Family Picture

Family Picture

Thursday, July 21, 2011

The One With No Daddy Day 3

Day three down and I feel like I am finally getting in the groove of this. Maybe next week with him gone again won't be too bad. I am happy that this week seems to be going by at it's normal steady pace, I was afraid the hours would just crawl by.

So day three, Wednesday, we got up ate breakfast, I cleaned out Parker's room really well - and let me tell you, that kid can make a mess out of anything. Got rid of some things, cleaned his closet, moved furniture and vacuumed, washed the walls. . . now it is just as sparkly as the master bedroom. I think I also figured out a way to rearrage his room in the event that he will be getting the crib in his room, his room definitley has more space for that.

Then Preslie went down for a nap, and Parker and I watched the Santa Claus . . . yes in the middle of JULY!

Preslie got up, we had lunch, and then the kids and I piled in the car to go to the mall and go shopping with my sister and her kids. Well, her kids ended up staying at home with Daddy (to Parker's extreme disappointment) but it was nice to have an extra set of hands to help with the kids. First stop Motherhood Maternity, my whole goal in going to the mall was to find some maternity shorts . . . um yeah no luck. I don't get what the whole idea is with extremely short shorts only in every maternity section. GRRR!!!! So my mission: unaccomplished.

We then went to Crazy 8, bought Parker some truly awesome Pirate clothes for his birthday, walked out, and we were right next door to Icing with a sign that says "Free Ear Piercing (with purchase of earrings)". Well this seems like a sign! :)

Eric and I have wanted to get Preslie's ears pierced since she was born, I love little tiny babies with pierced ears, it is my favorite! But there is some opposing views on my side of the family. I couldn't get my ears pierced until I was 12, and my mom was literally kicked out of the house for gettng her ears pierced at 18 . . . so I'm sure you can understand our hesitation. In the end though, Eric and I decided it was completely our decision, the church has said one pair of earrings is completely okay, and they haven't come out with a minimun age requirement either. So we had already decided that we were okay with her getting her ears pierced . . . next problem, Eric hates seeing our kids cry so he said he didn't want to be with me.

Well Eric and I are best friends, as well as husband and wife, and mom and dad, so the times that I have been by myself with our kids in a situation where I could have gotten her ears pierced has been less than minimal at this point.

Bring on Day three of week with no daddy!

Brittany went in with me, helped watch Parker, and we bit the bullet. Preslie looks adorable! I am headed into the office as soon as she gets up, so we will see what kind of repercussions come from Grandma and Papa. :)

After that, we stopped by the temple again, then went to Brittany's house where the kids played and Brittany gave me glitter toes. Then came home, ate, played for a little bit, took a bath, and everyone went to bed.

Eric went to the Rockies/Braves game last night, so he and I were on and off the phone talking about it, and his crazy experience trying to get home. He didn't get back to his hotel until almost 1am even though the game was over at 9:30!!!

Today is the start of day four and we have work, I'm thinking it will be a pretty relaxed day. I'm just crossing my fingers that it goes by fast! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment