Family Picture

Family Picture

Monday, July 18, 2011

The One With No Daddy Day 1

So as I started to say in the last post, Eric has started a new job. His first day was last Friday.

He now works for University of Phoenix as an Alumni Enrollment Counselor. It seems like it will be a good job, same pay with raises, benefits, and they will pay for his Master's Program!!!! That's what I am most excited about. $40K that I don't have to fork out. Leave it to Eric to choose the most expensive Masters program out there. Masters in Health Administration and Informatics. Should be lucrative once he graduates at least.

On top of them paying for Eric's schooling, they will also pay for ME to go to school! This is exciting as well. We have to wait until 6 months after he starts which means it will be about 8 months really, since in 6 months things will be a little busy for us, but I am excited nonetheless. They have a great nursing program. I will either do that, or see if they have a surgical tech program and go through that. Either way I want to be working in a hospital, probably working a few nights a week so I can still be at home around the kids and things.

Unfortunately, with all the greatness this new job offers, it also poses a little not greatness. Eric has a two week training in Denver! DUN DUN DUN!!!!!

Fun for him. I think everyone likes to escape for a few days, although he swears up and down he doesn't want to be gone for that long, wink wink. But in Denver are the Colorado Rockies, and the Colorado Rockies just so happen to be playing Eric's Atlanta Braves this week. He is hoping to go to a couple games while he is there.

Luckily, UofP is a family oriented company, so they are flying him home Friday night to spend Saturday with us, and then he flies out Sunday evening again for the second week. It's a good thing too, because he gets back a few days before Parker's birthday, and we still need to go birthday shopping, apparently that is at the top of our list of things to do when Eric comes back for 36 hours in a few days.

So Day 1 with no Daddy. Whatever will we do?

I am sure it is going to be a stressful week. I am sick, with some sort of sinus infection that has me blowing more fluids out my nose than what should come out of any part of your body, and the chills, and the body aches, and the burning skin . . . but it seems to be doing better today, and our kids are pretty relaxed. I'm mroe concerned about doing things with them so I don't go insane. Today we are just going to clean up the house, play outside in the water as is their favorite thing to do, and we will probably hit the store a little later tonight. Preslie has decided her new favorite thing to eat is WalMart's pre-made frozen blueberry pancakes - um seriously you should try them, they are amazing. So today should be pretty relaxed, and tomorrow I have work and a family dinner, so that's two days down without too much craziness.

Eric was supposed to fly out yesterday, Sunday at 7. I dropped him off at 5, then the kids and I went and drove by the temple for a few minutes, I was just a couple miles from home (which is saying something because we live a good 40 minutes from the airport) when I get a call from Eric saying his flight was cancelled and to come pick him up. I was fairly excited, another day with ERIC!!! But it did stink because it meant he got bumped to the 6am flight, that had a stop in SLC, and he wouldn't get to his training until noon, even though it starts at 8:30. It also was bad because a 6am flight means getting up and leaving our house by 4 in the morning to get him to the airport on time. In case you didn't know, that is really early.

We stayed up way too late watching a movie, and then set our alarm clocks. How nifty that these new data phones tell us how much time until our alarm clock goes off. He set his alarm and his phone says, "You have 3 hours and 19 minutes until your alarm goes off." Awesome phone, thanks for ruining what little sleep I do have.

Got up this morning, way too early, and took him to the airport. I was excited to drop him off only because I am excited to get the week going so it can be over faster. Eric has never been gone this long before, not in our entire 5 years of marriage. Two nights, tops. And that was when we only had Parker. So this will be interesting.

Some things I can already tell you:
*Beds are cold and lonely when there is just you in it.
*I have already hijacked not only his really awesome down pillow his Mom bought, but his side of the bed. By the time he gets back, I don't know if I will be willing to give them back.
*I will miss walking into our bathroom in the morning after he has left for work and finding his PJ's sitting on the floor, and toothpaste and hairstuff sitting on the counter.
*I am in some serious anticipation of having my seven otter pops a night partner in crime come back to me. When you eat that many popsicles, you get cold, and snuggling up with yourself just doesnt fix anything.
*I am hoping to have the house spring cleaned completely by the time Eric finishes this training. Seriously Babe, you may not even recognize it.

So here goes the start of Day one with no Daddy. Only 13 more to go . . . total. but perhaps I can focus on the 4 more days until he comes back for a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment