Family Picture

Family Picture

Thursday, July 28, 2011

The One With No Daddy Day 10

Oh Wednesday, Wednesday, Wednesday . . . . 
How can you do me so wrong? 
Seriously.

Started out great! I didn't wake up until 8:30 which was much needed from the no sleep the night before (and the midnight phone calls with this hot guy in Denver . . . shhh don't tell). And the kids didn't get up until around nine. I had breakfast down my throat before I even heard a peep from them, how nice!

How how things can be deceiving!!!!

When the kids got up, I put on Blue's Clues (or footprint as Parker calls it) for them, and immediately began working on Parker's Cake. Well this cake recipe I found is AMAZING! I promise. I don't like chocolate cake, and for whatever reason, white cake always seems to be dry, but I found this Vanilla Meringue cake, and it is delicious and moist and good. But it seriously takes forever to make. 

So I started on round one. Got the cake made, put it in the oven. Started on round two. Went to rinse off the beaters and WHISH!!! Huge spray of water right in my face. What is that? Oh well there is water spraying out from the handle of the faucet, from the faucet itself, and leaking from the base of the faucet and the sink. Hmm. . . . this is awesome. And then I remember Eric saying on Sunday "When did the handle on the faucet start spinning all the way around?" 

Oh faucet, you sneaky sir, of course you would wait until Daddy is 1000 miles away to actually bite the bullet. 

So I called my dad, he said to make sure the water was turned off. Umm, really? Yes, I know how to do that. . . . no, not really I don't. But I told him as long as I didn't use the faucet, it wasn't leaking. And he said he would come out and look at it later. 

So I finish Parker's cake, while making trips to the bathroom to rinse stuff off, then somehow get the kitchen cleaned up without any running water. Then the kids and I piled outside to pull some weeds in our barren flower beds.

I start pulling weeds, with my back turned. Next second, I turn around to see Preslie sitting in her little kiddie pool which is full of about 2 inches of muddy sprinkler water. . . . awesome. Need I say she was fully clothed at the time too. So I thought, well the actual sprinkler will be way better for her to run through if she is wanting to get wet, so I turned it on. 

Turn around a few minutes later and Parker has decided to run through the sprinkler, also fully clothed, and Preslie has decided the little pool is no more fun, and has now moved onto the bigger pool and all of it's dirty sprinkler water. 

So after I do a ginormous amount of weeding, the kids go inside and straight up to the bath tub. Get them fed, get their clothes on, get them in bed for naps. 

But now it is two and I have to be at Activity Days by 4. Hurry and shower, hurry and get ready, hurry and get a bag with swimsuits and towels and everything for activity days ready. Then get the kids up and go over to the activity where Preslie, once again fully clothed because we have a family party after this, decides to sit down in the water slide and get herself soaking wet from head to toe. 

It was HOT yesterday. I mean, not 97 hot, but like 85 hot. And that is hot, especially when there isn't much shade. Really, I probably wasn't much help at this activity, mostly chasing after my kids and such, but come on . . . I was WILTING! I like my air conditioning. 

So after Activity Days we run home really fast to throw together something to make for family dinner. On the way we run into our neighbor who I find out not only reads this blog (hi Jaclyn!) I didn't think anyone read this thing, but her husband is gone EVERY week. Umm, yes, now I feel like my frustration should be at a minimum with Eric's two week maximum of being gone. Ah yes . . . perspective! : )

Got to family dinner, which is great as always, kids get to play, I get to eat good food that I don't have to cook. After which we run home, and my family comes over so my dad can look at the sink. 

And VOILA! He fixes it!
I had already resigned myself to the idea of having to buy a $300 faucet, ain't it great to have a super handy Dad!

By this time it is 9 o'clock, so the kids go down for bed - of course Parker came in to snuggle in my bed for a Blue's Clues episode while he ate chocolate raisins, and said good night to daddy, and then the day was over. 

Now Thursday, that means tomorrow Daddy is coming home for good!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a busy couple weeks! Looks like you did great though!

    ReplyDelete