Family Picture

Family Picture

Friday, July 22, 2011

The One With No Daddy Day 4

Well yesterday was pretty uneventful . . . just like I like.
I got up and got ready for work, ate some breakfast, and let the kids sleep in as long as they wanted. This meant we didn't get to work until after nine.

Parker seems like he is finally coming down witht this whole cold/sinus infection thing. His nose was running all day yesterday and he was extremely moody. At about 3:15 I gave up for the day and took the kids home. I like that with the showroom at the house now it makes it easier for me to work when I can instead of forcing the kids to be happy for set hours. They both fell asleep in the car, I took them up and put them in bed, then woke them up at 5:30.

We went to Taco Bell and got some dinner, then came back to the house where Parker picked High School Musical (seriously of all things) to watch - and Preslie was glued to the screen whenever there was singing. While they watched I cleaned the house, getting it all pretty for tomorrow when Eric comes home. Then I balanced out checking account and wrote out all the checks to send in with all the bills (YUCK!) and then it was time for bed.

Eric called getting home from dinner and finishing his homework and we spent way too much time talking on the phone and didn't get into bed until midnight. I miss my friend . . . we talk about such random things and he always makes me feel better when I have a tough day. I told him that the entire time he has been gone the kids have been really good. If he was going to be gone for two weeks, this is how I would want the kids acting . . . except for today . . . them both being sick just led them to be COMPLETE pains and crying and whining and more crying. But this evening they were good, so I am hoping for a new day and new attitudes tomorrow.

My Aunt Angel is picking Ruger up first thing in the morning to take him with her dogs to get groomed. My Mom told me that if Parker is sick I shouldnt' worry about coming in to work Friday. I'm thinking I will still try and make it in for a few hours - you know this family has to stay in the lap of luxury somehow - but maybe we will make it later in the day.

Eric doesn't get in until 8:30 tonight, and he agreed that he woudl love it if I had grocery shopping already done, so we could all just hang out this weekend instead of trying to hit Wally World. I agree. So maybe we will try a grocery run first thing in the morning.

Either way, there isn't much time till Daddy comes home . . . if only for a few hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment