Family Picture

Family Picture

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The One With No Daddy Day 2

So day one, Monday is down.
Only a few more until Daddy comes home for the weekend.
It's weird how you can feel like someone really is gone and not coming back for a few days at noon, when they usually aren't home at noon anyways.

So there was indeed a lot of house cleaning that got done yesterday, so my spring cleaning is going well. Really cleaned out our master closet - now it looks amazing and you should all be jealous. I now also have several garbage bags full of clothes, shoes, jewelry, and bags to go to DI. So check out the DI in Nampa in a few weeks when the put it out . . . unless you don't like my style. Psh. 

Also really cleaned our bathroom, it is sparkly clean now. And our bedroom is always pretty clean. So that was my extent of spring cleaning yesterday, but ya know, you have to take it a day at a time.

The kids played outside in the water for a few hours, splashing in the pools and Preslie had a lot of fun running through the sprinklers. They also got sun burned. Apparently our sunscreen doesn't work between the hours of 1 and 3 in the afternoon. Interesting cause it wasn't really even that hot, and kind of overcast - I guess what they say is true, you can get burned in the rain.

After naps and dinner we went to WalMart where Parker picked out the bike he wanted for his birthday. It is now sitting in the back of the van, and making my car smell like tires. We also grabbed popcorn and Gnomeo and Juliet and then went home, sat on the living room floor, and watched a movie together.

Then everyone went to bed. It was a good easy day, fairly relaxed. A nice start to our week without Daddy. 

I did miss my popsicle buddy last night though. 
And I missed having someone to snuggle with when I got up during the middle of the night.
I don't sleep well without someone with me, and I don't eat well. Somehow I don't get hungry.

But day two is starting now, with work most of the day and a family dinner. So far this week is going by good!

No comments:

Post a Comment