Family Picture

Family Picture

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The One With The BIG Weekend

So this weekend was HUGE in the Lewis family! There was so much going on!

Saturday my younger oldest brother (sounds funny) Jordan graduated from High School  . . . . FINALLY!
That sounds funny. It's not like he went any longer than anyone else. Well that's not true, it took me seventeen years to graduate, it took him eighteen, so I guess that means I am smarter . . . or that my birthday is in August and his is in December. . . no I think it means I'm smarter.

But it was a great ceremony, and I am very proud of him for graduating. And now comes the hard part, figuring out what to do from here. Really he's kind of stuck, he can't do a semester at school because he turns 19 in December and will be leaving on his mission, so he just gets to work. Ha ha!

Then Sunday evening we had a HUGE BBQ for him with prime rib YUM YUM! I craved it.
It was nice to get together with some family we haven't seen in awhile and celebrate such a milestone. Only, now I am broke . . .Jordan put the money to good use.

Then Monday, Memorial Day, was my nephew Jack's (Brittany's oldest) 5th birthday. It was pretty hilarious. We walked in the door to his house and he said "Yes it's my birthday, and that is my present" and he took the bag from my hand. I love how uninhibited little kids are. We had a chilli dog cook out and he said the prayer in which he was thankful for presents (twice) and birthdays and cake, and birthdays, and cake, etc etc. It was awesome.

After that we went home and got in bed. Eric and I, well really just me, have been going to bed at increasingly earlier times for a few weeks now. I feel hugely nauseous most of the day and by about 8 o'clock, I just want to sit in bed and watch Ugly Betty. Poor Eric just ends up watching it with me.
I like him.
He is a good husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment