Family Picture

Family Picture

Sunday, July 21, 2013

The One with White Water

I don't know what sparked the recent decision to start doing dangerous things like white water rafting, sky diving, and bungee jumping . . . but I suddenly have this sudden urge to do it all.
I think it's my impending 26th birthday.
I know, I know, say what you will about how "that's not even that old" and "just wait till your tuning 40" and yada yada yada.
I don't wanna hear it.
It's TOUGH for me.
25 was TERRIBLE. I really can't imagine what turning 30 will feel like.
It's not that getting older is necessarily bad.
I'm probably growing into myself more now than I ever was in my teens or early twenties.
I love the knowledge I gain.
I love watching my kids grow.
It's just kind of sad to realize "I will NEVER be 22 again".
I don't know, call me crazy.
But the second I realized that I now have a better chance of seeing 75 then I do of seeing 24 again I had a huge panic attack.
I'm getting old.
 
So rafting.
I told my friend, Kelsey awhile back that I wanted to go rafting. Luckily her birthday, her husband's birthday, and my birthday all occur within about two weeks of each other.
So when she saw a Groupon for $30 a person for rafting (when what we had been looking at before was $80+ each) we jumped on it.
DO RESEARCH people!
It wasn't a terrible experience.
But it wasn't amazing.
 
We ended up late to the place because they said it was only an hour outside of Boise and it was really two and a half. Because we missed our raft spot they were nice enough to put us in the river late at about 730 but they only did about a 20 minute raft ride (still at full price). And what rafts we did go down barely got me wet and I was in the front of the raft.
 
It was the kind of experience where the ride there, waiting and playing in the hot springs, and the ride back made the whole trip rather than the activity we all took off work and crammed into a truck to drive five hours was.
I still had fun. The rafting, sure it was a bit disappointing.
But I had so much fun laughing, and getting to know people even more.
 
Let me tell you something, you learn a LOT about your friends when something doesn't go as planned.
Everyone can put on a pretty good face when everything is calm and coming together easily.
But its when crap hits the fan that you find who people really are.
And even after crap rained on our entire parade, I still feel that we have some pretty amazing friends.
 







No comments:

Post a Comment