Family Picture

Family Picture

Thursday, July 18, 2013

The One With the Rough Month

Do you ever have one of those days where nothing seems to work right, you can't get any time to yourself, and you are just in a rut you can't get out of???
 
Ya, me too.
 
Only it wasn't just a day, it was like a solid month.
June was rough. We had so much going on, and so much homework, and sports stuff, and schoolwork, and family stuff, and work stuff, and church stuff. . . .  seriously could there be any more stuff???
I don't know why it was so tough. It's JUNE! It's summer! And it's WARM! And bright!
I shouldn't say the entire month was terrible, but it seemed like more days than not I was having a rough one where stress levels were boiling over.
 
One Wednesday I told Eric that Preslie and I were leaving for a date for a bit.
The original plan had been to drive to Jackson or Salt Lake or something and get a hotel over night and do some shopping and just spend some girl time together.
But then I realized I am terrible with directions.
While I could easily get TO Salt Lake or Jackson, driving around in those cities would be a nightmare. So after driving to Twin Falls just to turn around and drive all the way back to Boise after this realization, Preslie and I finally ended up at the mall.
It's been awhile since I've been there. Retail therapy was nice.
We shopped a bit.
Shared some Panda Express with mermaids (what she calls shrimp) for dinner.
Sipped on a triple berry Orange Julius.
And then we hit Build A Bear.
 
I ALWAYS wanted to go there when I was younger.
That's not entirely true. I don't think the store opened until I was at least 12 and probably getting to the point where I was a bit old to be building a teddy bear I could dress in whatever clothes I wanted, but still, every time I walk by it I always want to take my kiddos in there.
 
So we went.
And Miss Preslie picked out a PINK (whoda thunk, right?) Hello Kitty stuffed animal which could only be dressed in pink Hello Kitty pajamas.
 
Spending some time one on one with this little princess was just what I needed. Some time away from all the stresses of life and just being able to do what we wanted when we wanted was great.


No comments:

Post a Comment