Family Picture

Family Picture

Sunday, July 21, 2013

The One with Loo-Kangaroo

So we have this friends.
I call them the Loo-kangaroos.
Partly because I think the nickname is funny.
But more because I can't for the life of me say their name right.
Oh well. Life's tough sometimes.
 
They live in our ward a few streets over from us.
In reality we probably have nothing in common.
I'm the same age as the husband, but his wife just barely eeked out her 22 birthday.
It makes me feel old.
Crap, as if turning 25 wasn't bad enough, my impending 26 and my new 22 year old friend may just kill me.
Kidding.
Kind of.
 
Anyway. For whatever reason, regardless of the reasons we shouldn't be friends, we are actually great friends. We have spent tons of time with them this summer.
And although they do not have kids of their own *YET*, our kids have basically adopted them.
At least Parker and Preslie have.
Preslie yelled in the church hallway the other day, pointing at Kelsey and said "Look, there's mom's girlfriend!" She also has a very large crush on Kelsey's husband, Zach.
Parker may not have a crush on Kelsey, but he at least notices that Kelsey is a girl, which is a step of for Park.
 
A couple weeks ago they took all of us boating with friends.
It was a blast!!
It was right in the middle of my super tough month, and it was great to get away for an afternoon/evening and just have fun, no cares in the world.
I was a little worried about bringing our kids with us, but you know what, they actually did incredible. They put on their life jackets, took turns riding the tube, and even jumped in the lake to paddle around.
 









The next week we took the two of them to their first ever time of sushi.
Eric and I love sushi.
We probably eat it at least every other week, if not every week.
It's amazing.
I should learn how to make it myself to save some money.
Why they have never had sushi before now I do not know, but I was glad we got to be there for the first experience!
 








No comments:

Post a Comment