Family Picture

Family Picture

Monday, October 10, 2011

The One With the WHOA Crazy Week!!!!

So last week I started my first official day back at college. University of Phoenix it is.
Aside from the fact that I really don't have any idea how I would fit in school at BSU or even CWI - seriously, I work three days a week and have kids, what am I supposed to do on the days I am home with them? Pay someone to watch them while I pay someone else to teach me things? Uh I think not. 

Well, Mr. Eric, who has finished his Bachelor's of Business Management through U of P, and is currently working on his Masters in Health Administration and Informatics, for them, also happens to work for this lovely school. What does this mean? 
Six months after his start date with the company, they not only pay for his school 100%, but they pay 80% of my schooling as well. Uh yes, this seems like a no-brainer.
So back to school, back to school, to prove to dad I'm not a fool . . . .
okay really, I have no idea how that song really goes, I kind of make up words.

So first two classes for the first nine weeks - Education in an Info Age - some general class that seems to be skating by pretty easy - and ETHICS! Man how I loved my Medical Law and Ethics class!!!! Alas, this is just general Ethics, be nice to people, don't hate me because I'm black, yada yada yada. But seriously this teacher demands a lot of writing. I'm a bit of a nerd I guess. I've been working a few days ahead in the classes to make sure I don't get behind, and I actually LIKE (cough, cough) being back at school. I love learning, it is great. It's a little bit harder now that I have two crazy kids running around while I'm trying to do my homework, and a really good looking husband who constantly pulls away my focus . . . . but I'm doing it. And guess what? My 2 years at BYU-I counted for something. I will graduate in a year!!!!
But this is where the uber tough part comes in. Eric says, "Hey let's go to Portland!" and it's like heck yes, we need a vacation. Let's leave Friday, and not come back until Wednesday. We also picked like a million gallons of grapes this weekend in Payette to make grape juice with (seriously I am not a homemade canner time of person, but this stuff is incredible!) and they will take us forever to steam all the juice out and seal up in cans. 
Saturday: Pick grapes, come home and steam juice them, find Preslie's halloween costume, and spend way too much money (but hey, at least almost all of it is things she will actually wear again!)
Sunday: Steam more grapes, finish paper for class, stay home with Preslie from church because once again she is sick with C-diff and can't be around other kids as she is "immuno-compromised". 
Monday: Work, not a usual day, but a make up day since I won't be here on Friday. Go home and juice MORE Grapes.
Tuesday: Work. And a family party until 8, and go home and juice more grapes.
Wednesday: Clean the house so it isn't a complete disaster when we get back from our trip, do the laundry so we actually have clothes for our trip, get a lesson planned for Activity Days, go to Activity Days, Eric has mutual, juice more grapes.
Thursday: work, get bags packed for trip. 

Doesn't sound so bad right? Well then let's add in that little thing called school. I have to have three papers written for one class this week, at least 1000 words - and they should all be done before we leave on our trip. The other class I have to get online and participate in class discussions four nights this week, plus a 1200 word paper. And in that class (as we will be gone through Wednesday of next week) I also have another paper I have to write. Roll in an hour at least of reading each night, and now you see why this week is "WHOA" crazy! 

I hope I survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment