Family Picture

Family Picture

Friday, September 9, 2011

The One With Parker's Smashed Face

So our weeks are pretty crazy now.
We have family night on Monday with just us, although usually there is something that we HAVE to get done. Then Tuesdays are always family dinner, Wednesdays Eric has mutual, Thursday is Eric's late night at work, and then Friday we TRY (key word being try) to go on a date, or do something fun.

Well this week Eric's Wednesday mutual activity was right after work, so he didn't get to come home before, which means I had the kids from when he left at 7:30 till he got home at 8:30, umm, no fun. Well, my kiddos are pretty awesome, so it's not terrible, but you know how sometimes you just need that adult conversation?!?! Yes that happens. And Parker, he tries to have adult conversations, I mean the kid talks all the time, it's pretty crazy, but it's just not the same when the person your talking to says things like "shish one" (which one) etc, etc. 
Then Thursday was his late night, so once again, no daddy til after 8.

Well I was doing pretty good Thursday, got home, played a little, ate some ramen noodles (seriously I LOVE that my kids LOVE these, cheap and easy on the nights daddy is gone in this house) played some more. I was just getting into cleaning the house up while the kids were playing on the stairs, it's like a jungle gym for them, when all of a sudden Parker starts freaking out and runs to me with blood dripping out of his mouth - like really, he could have been a monster on a horror movie or something with how much was coming out.

We go upstairs I start getting him cleaned up and look at his teeth, AWESOME that BOTH front teeth are wiggling like little worms. GREAT! All I can think about is my brother Bryson who got his tooth almost knocked out when he was younger and the tooth died, and then he just had this brown tooth in his mouth - apparently it's not a GREAT idea to just pull them because it might interfere with the development of his permanent teeth. So SAD!!!!

I loved my little Parker man's smile! And now he might have two brown teeth. Hello awesomeness for having a father in law that is a dentist! I called him, he said if the teeth did go brown he would take care of them so the weren't brown. I love that we don't have to pay for dental work! It is amazing! 

So today, checking his mouth this is what I see: He's got quite the gum bruise, which is weird, cause I didn't even think your gums could bruise. And he has this line in his gums above his front two teeth. I can't tell if it looks like his teeth are already turning brown because I'm so afraid that is what is going to happen, or if it's because they are actually turning brown. 

In other news, Preslie has the most depressing diaper rash. She has had runny diapers since August 18th (yes I know this sounds like forever) but apparently there is just a virus running amok so we have just been dealing with it . . . but man that acidic diaper stuff is tearing off her cute bum! I feel so sad for her. Doctor said if it's not better by Monday to bring her in. Our little med case daughter, it's a dang good thing she's so freaking cute or else I would have an issue paying all her medical bills. 

She also has started going to the corner . . . of her own free will. The other day Parker got in trouble and Eric said "Go to the corner" and Preslie dropped everything and ran to the wall and put her face against it. It's pretty cute, and we think it's hilarious, so we have to show all our family and friends. So even if she looks at someone the wrong way we tell her go to the corner, and then everyone laughs, cause it's funny . . . . . hopefully she won't be traumatized for life. We have some pretty cute pictures of it, I'll have to get home and put them up. 

Her hair has grown RIDICULOUSLY long. I hope it thickens up soon, then there will be SO many more things to do with it. I also hope she learns to sit still while I do her hair, that would be nice. 

Other pictures I need to put up? Our backyard. We have done some serious work out there the past couple of weekends. Pulled up some grass to create a border along the fence, and planted some flowers and stuff. Right now it doesn't look amazing cause all the plants are little and haven't grown to their full potential yet, but I can imagine what it is going to look like when everything grows in, it will look great!!

And tonight is date night! YES!

1 comment:

  1. Oh that sounds like so much fun! Haha well not the diaper rash, or the smashed face, but the outside stuff :) And yeah, you are SO lucky you are related to a dentist! Wish I was!!! :)

    ReplyDelete