Family Picture

Family Picture

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The One Where Eric Gets Fired

So I'm sure it happens to everyone at some point in their lives. 
But I really didn't think there was any way that my amazingly hot, amazingly charming, amazingly um amazing husband would ever get fired. 

But alas, that day has come.

No no no, not from work. 
But Eric got fired from his church calling. 

He has been the ward executive secretary for over a year now (basically he makes all the appointments for the bishops, and goes to a TON of meetings that I know nothing about. I felt like I was finally getting in the swing of not having him home on Sundays EVER and him having occasionally to do visits, and WHAM! NEW CALLING!!!!

So what is the new calling you may ask? 
Well the first counselor in the bishopric told us that this was a VERY hard decision for them to make, because they really didn't want to lose Eric as their secretary.
SCOUT MASTER


DUN DUN DUN.


Okay so really it's not that bad. And Eric is BEYOND stoked for it. He gets to help all the 12-13 year old boys get their scout stuff worked on and help them on their way to becoming an Eagle Scout. His schedule is now as such: Sundays he goes to the third hour of church with these boys, every Wednesday night he goes to their scout activity, and once a month they do an over-nighter camping trip . . . and yes, I asked, this does include in the middle of winter. This mixed in with once a month round table community meetings, and some other things that I zoned out for (I was too busy thinking about how happy I was that I don't have to go and sleep in an igloo overnight in December). 

Eric is excited because this means hunting, and camping . . .and being a man "HEAR ME ROAR!!" He is VERY sad to leave his old calling that he loved, but is excited to do bow hunting and shooting and . . . . I don't even know what else they do in scouts, but he's excited for it.

Amazingly enough, I think his old calling may have been a bit less time consuming, but we are ready for the challenge!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment