Family Picture

Family Picture

Sunday, August 21, 2011

The One Where I Bite The Bullett

So there are a handful of people that already know this, and it will be EXTREMELY old news. Like ancient.

The reasons I have to tell it now:
1: Eric came home from meetings this morning and said, "The Bishop outed us during PEC."
2: And followed that with, "And I told *** (I don't want to say the name, friend of ours, but it could easily make it around like wild fire now, although I very much like this person)
3: It's getting progressively harder and harder to have it not be noticeable.
4: If we don't break the news, someone else will break OUR good news for US.

Just in case you saw the "Boy oh boy!" status on facebook, let me just say this, that comment was not in ANY way pointing in the direction that it IMMEDIATELY got taken. I really found it quite hilarious. I can openly talk about Motherhood Maternity, and morning sickness on Facebook with NO response from anyone, and the one time EVERYONE catches on is when I say "BOY OH BOY!" Really, I find this roll on the floor laughing hysterically funny.

So yes. Here are the facts:
1: Eric and I are expecting our 3rd (yes count them, one, two, THREE) child.
2: We found out May 1st at my brother's Eagle court of honor, and right in the middle of Preslie's diagnosis.
3: It felt a little awkward to break news like, our daugther has Leukemia . . . oh and by the way we are pregnant.
4: We initially waited so long to tell anyone (including family) because we were extremely afraid of a miscarriage given everything that was going on with Preslie, HIGH STRESS!
5: My sister, Brittany was the first person we told.
6: My first thought was, this is a blessing. We have a little girl that will be needing a stem cell transplant, and a new baby (cord blood) is the perfect place to get it. I would have had a very hard time trying to get pregnant for that reason.
7: My second thought was, OH NO this is going to be a replacement child for Preslie, this means we are going to end up losing her.
8: The first time we actually were 100% okay with being pregnant was when we got the "spontaneous remission" diagnosis from the doctor. It seemed like we had plenty to be grateful for at that time.
9: We had the first doctor's apopintment just under 11 weeks along.
10: August 12th, we found out we will be joined by another baby boy! Like seriously, no mistaking it, he is NOT shy.
11: This makes me happy, I don't think I could deal with another girl. I like having my one little girl, and there's too much drama with her already!!! :)
12: The official due date is January 1, 2012, however because my babies are c-section, new little one will be taken out around Christmas.
13: My doctor says that given how early Preslie came, he doesn't think I will make it to Christmas without going into labor on my own.
14: The idea of a pregnancy being shorter than 40 weeks is VERY exciting to me.
15: The placenta has attached to the scar tissue from my previous c-section in the front, this means I hardly ever feel very strong movements (at least so far) and Eric has yet to feel anything. It also means that although I am officially over half way done, I'm not looking very pregnant yet.

16: Eric and I thought it woudl be extremely funny to show up to church one Sunday with a new baby and have everyone be like, "What the heck?"

But the old saying is true, the progression of news travelling around goes as such:
Telegram
Telephone
Tellamormon

10 comments:

  1. I thought I read something on Facebook about morning sickness! And other comments etc. Haha I didn't know you hadn't officially announced it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!!! :)
    PS. Well played. Ha! Please let me know if you need anything. We are just right down the street.

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats!! i SO had my assumptions.. just from a few remarks here and there. but then i saw you say you werent and thought man i must be crazy! haha congrats on another boy! so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay congratulations! Haha I had my suspicions too, and figured I just must have missed the official announcement. But I'm so excited for you! And yes, the thought of a pregnancy being less than 40 weeks does sound exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are so excited for you guys! :) Congratulations and how fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! I don't think I could keep it a secret that long. Lesson learned, be careful what you the bishop!:) I am excited for you guys. Thanks for the post and the timeline of it all. It makes perfect sense all of your emotions about it. I really enjoyed reading! Now I have to go look at you last few FB updates to see what I missed. I am so not observant I guess! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is so exciting!! :) I am happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! Our babies are due around the same time :) We are so happy for your family! I can't believe you aren't showing. I'm a couple weeks behind you and I've been showing for like 5 weeks

    ReplyDelete