Family Picture

Family Picture

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The One Where Boy Meets Girl

I keep thinking that I should put in a blog sometime how Eric and I met. It really is quite a funny story, and most people get a kick out of it. But every time I sit down to write it, the story seems to be SO LONG and it will take me SO LONG to write that I put it off until I have some more time.
Well, just now I remembered that back when Myspace used to be cool, I put a post on there about how we met. And really, what could be funnier than re-posting (and maybe adding in a little additional insight here and there) the blog I wrote almost 5 years ago when I was but a 19 year old child.

So here it is, but please keep in mind my age at the time:


Well so here it is, how me and my love Eric met, got engaged, and the works since everyone has been asking me recently.
FHE in a single adult ward I have decided, is pretty much a plot set up by the church to get kids married off, so it is sad to say, but I am just another BYUI statistic now. But, I got THE man so I am okay with that.
Well anyways, normally I work on Monday nights (I worked at Frontier Pies at the time, and since I didn't want to work on Sundays, I got stuck with every Monday) so I can't go to FHE but this time I didnt' have work, I wasn't at a modeling shoot (I did a couple shoots for some bridal stores and some advertising companies up there, nothing major), and so I decided to go. On Sunday at church I'd talked to a couple differnet FHE groups (Amazingly, since I was never there, I was FHE Mom, so I was in charge of planning the activities), and we got like 3 groups to get together at this place, basically a Mormon Bar, called Heart Mind and Soul (It is now gone, sad). Well, when I was talking to a girl from a different group in front of me at church, there was this gorgeous guy sitting next to her, and when it was brought up that it's Karaoke night there on Mondays he said "Bring your lemon juice." So I'm just sitting there like, ya okay what a nerd, and i didn't think much of it, even though I did watch him all through Sacrament Meeting. (Okay, so this part is not entirely true. I was sitting behind one of my Home Teachers that I had never met. The girl I was talking to from a different FHE group turned around and said "Oh by the way, this is Aaron your home teacher" and also the guy that all my roommates had HUGE crushes on. Eric was sitting on her other side. The lemon juice comment is 100% true, but I actually didn't put two and two together that the guy with the weird lemon juice comment was actually the guy I was marrying until he proposed. Apparently lemon juice helps clean out your throat for singing, something I didn't know.) SIDENOTE: It was actually a miracle that I was at church that Sunday as I almost always was either home in Boise, going to another ward, or studying (yes I occasionally was very bad and skipped). This Sunday was only the second time of the entire semester that I was at my ward. I had this weird feeling that morning that I should go, so I LITERALLY dragged my roommate Kristy (who was inactive) with me to church.

So moving on to Monday night though, all the groups meet at my apartment, and in walks, the "lemon juice guy" all by himself I notice, and we all drive to this place. Now anyone who knows me knows that I am the MOST faithful person when I am in a relationship, but when I'm not, it's like WATCH OUT! I'm a pretty big flirt. I'd just broken up with my boyfriend the week before and let's face it, I just wanted to have some fun. Once again, totally didn't know the guy that walked in was "lemon juice guy". I did see a very good looking guy walk in, but I actually referred to him as "tattoo guy" until I learned his name - Eric has a tattoo around his arm, and that night it wasn't entirely hidden by his shirt. My first words to Eric were "Is it real?" I am quite the ice breaker. The boyfriend story is also true, a non-member I had been dating for almost two years.

Well, the night kept on going, with me sitting by him and by a couple other guys, flirting like crazy, and I even remember getting upset with "lemon juice" cause he sat by me on a bean bag and then got up and left. So to make it up to me, he got up on stage, yes ON STAGE in front of about 50 or 60 college kids, and sung me a song, and then another one "it's so hard to say I'm sorry" and "your the inspiration" Truthfully, I had never heard either one of those songs before. He even made me stand up in the crowd once and tell everyone my name, how he was dedicating this song to me, and danced with me on stage. So by this point I have like fallen for this kid, not necessarially long term or anything yet, but I really liked him. Then he and his friend are like "Hey we are going bowling after this, you wanna come?" And I'm like heck yes, spend more time with the lemon juice hottie of course!
 And here's where the night gets wierd.

I go home get ready to go bowling, In this time I was getting several phone calls from Eric and Aaron (the home teacher who had also "magically" shown up at the FHE activity) telling me they were the one picking me up - it was like they hadn't decided between themselves yet who was supposed to be taking me as their date - well Eric finally ended up being the last one to call, and Eric (lemon juice) shows up at my door to take me bowling and low and behold. . . . . . there's another girl with him! I was like SHOT DOWN, which was kinda a new feeling, cuz I was totally crushing on him and I'm thinking he has a girlfreind. Then I decide, well the other guy is gonna be there so I'll just get with him instead, then guess what, he brought a date too! So it was pretty interesting to be invited to go bowling by two guys that already had dates. So the bowling unraveled, I said some smart alek comment about Eric's girlfriend to him, he was extremely uncomfortable the ENTIRE time, he even resorted to asking the owner of the place for bowling lessons which is funny to me now because Eric was on a bowling league at the time and was used to bowling well over 250 - he didn't need the lessons, I was so nervous/disappointed/heart broken that I even slipped on my butt one time when I bowled, and by the end of the night I didn't really expect to hear from him again. But I was asked out later by the other guy so we went and hung out. The other guy "Aaron" the home teacher, had also brought a date, and in reality practically ignored me the entire night, so I'm not even sure why I gave him the time of day. It turned out my old roommate and good friend Haylee was dating his roommate Chad, and I think that is the only reason why we ended up hanging out. To this day I still make fun of him about our first "plolygamy" date.

The next morning when I go out to my car to go to class I actually had two cars up at school my camaro, and a cobalt, as I had gotten in a car accident a few weeks before and the cobalt had been in the shop getting fixed, I had just gotten in back before FHE so I drove it to FHE, but then I drove teh camaro over to my friend Haylee's house to hang out with everyone and ended up staying over there, so it is DANG lucky I had another car there that Eric knew for him to do this, I have a note taped to my window, I think that's wierd, freak out cause I'm thinking its something bad like a ticket, but then relax when I see it's from guess who? LEMON JUICE! Lol. It's a note apologizing profusely for the fiasco the night before, insisting that the girl was not his girlfriend just a friend, and asking if I didn't think he was a stalker, for a second chance. It was the cutest sweetest letter I think I have ever read in my life, and I still have it, it sits in a frame. I wrote a real quick note, stuck it on his apartment door and leave for class.

Well, I had I think my 3 modeling shoot later that day and was leaving to go home to Boise I think it was midterm break at the time, but Eric really wanted to get together, so I pushed both of them back and we went and got a slushy drink and walked around the park for seriously like 3 hours. By the end of the date, I have extremely fallen for him, don't wanna leave to my shoot, and really don't want to go to Boise, but I had to. So we are sitting there by my car trying to say goodbye, people keep walking by, and the whole time I am expecting him to kiss me, and he just never does it, I get an awkward side ways hug and he leaves. So I am thinking, Okay he doesn't like me and I was pretty sad.

Then he texts me during my shoot, on my car ride home to Boise, and then three days later we decide that we miss each other and he drives all the way down to SLC and Lagoon to meet up with me and my family. Well the rest is pretty much history. The WHOLE famly loved him from the minute they met him, and I was amazed at how quickly he just became "part of the fam." He amazed me, he opened every door for me, was the perfect gentleman, and the sweetest guy I had ever met. He NEVER treated me bad or said something rude or anything. It still took him a good week before he finally kissed me (he's decided he's gonna teach me patience) but when he did at Temple Square I was so happy that we had waited awhile, cause right there rihgt then it was amazing and special and incredible. If we went there now I could still take you to the EXACT spot where it was it, it was seriously that special! We have a picture from our wedding day in the same spot!

From then on we were practically inseprable, and we moved EXTREMELY fast. Within like two weeks we knew we loved each other. We sat outside our apartments till 3 in the morning while he gave me a whole list of reasons why he loved me and then finally told me. I cried, and that is like amazing cause I am not a crier. I called my mom up and asked her to drive up there in two days to help me pick up my wedding dress. He got a ring, while I found my dress. Then the next few days were torture, because I knew what was coming but it kept being pushed back. First he had to get the ordered ring in, then he needed to talk to my dad, then he wanted to drive down to Boise and talk to my dad instead of over the phone. But finally on July 14th we drove down, he talked to my dad, and late that night we drove to the Rose Garden in down town Boise. It would probably be a good time to let you know that FHE that year was on June 26th, and he had driven down to meet my Family on July 1st - so I wasnt' kidding when I said we moved EXTREMELY fast. But when you know, YOU KNOW! You know?
 The funny part is the night before he proposed, in a basketball game Eric had really screwed up his ankle, he was limping so bad and it was all bruised, it was pretty sad. So we sat on the benches in the rose garden in Boise for 2 hours. He was kinda squirming, I was pretty impatient, we were both nervous. He talked to me about all the reasons why he loved me again, and started from the first time he met me and told me the whole story of our relationship from the beginning, only this time he added in all of the things he was feeling. It surprised me when I heard that he knew almost instantly that we were gonna get married but he was just too scared to tell me, because that's exactly how I was thinking. And then, to my amazement, he got down on his knee with the bad ankle and propsed. That is an extremely short version of how it went, but it was the most amazing experience of my life and I will never forget it. We were both teary eyed and it was great, I knew it was right, and I wanted to marry him more than anything.

So there is our story, it is truly incredible to me how fast things can happen when you have faith in God and meet the right person. It was 2 1/2 weeks from the time we met to the time we were engaged, ya that may sound extremely fast, and as cliche as this sounds it is the truth, that when you know you KNOW. And NOTHING stands in the way of that. I wouldn't change it to be any other way. Sorry it's such a short version, but I wanted to make it readable in like an hour instead of a full fledged novel.

Eric, you are my life, and I wouldnt' want anything, or you, any other way than it is. I love you with my everything, and I would give all for you if I was ever asked, even my life. I love the memories we have made and I can't wait to make a million more with you. I miss you every second you are gone, and even when you are right with me I am still amazed by you. September 22 baby and YOU are all mine!


So there it is! It was much shorter, and less detailed than I remember it being, but I know everyone doesn't want to sit here for HOURS reading the story. :) How I met my hubby, and next month is 5 years! Oh the memories we have created since then!




1 comment: