Family Picture

Family Picture

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The One With The West Valley Run-In

This actually happened awhile ago, but I forgot to write it down, and I thought I probably should . . . you know . . . for prosperity's sake or something.

The other day, May 16th actually, Eric was at an Albertson picking up some craving or another of mine and when he went to the check out he and the girl checker kept trying to figure out how they knew each other.

Finally she figured it out, "I know! You were at West Valley with your little girl a few weeks back. I was the student nurse."

Yes, this was Megan, the student nurse, and honestly the only person at West Valley, I guess other than the actual doctors, who we enjoyed. I remember that I felt so bad for her that day because it was her FIRST peds rotation day, and I just kept thinking, "this would be a terrible first day!"

Anyways, she ended up asking Eric what had happened, he told her they decided that Preslie had leukemia (because at the time, we still thought that) and she said she was sorry. She also told Eric that it was a VERY good thing that we transferred Preslie. She said none of the doctor's or nurses knew what was going on, or what to do, and everyone was scared of going in and messing something up. That explains why they were hardly ever in our room and offered us little to no information.

Needless to say we still like Megan the student nurse, and I wish her luck on her endeavours. But it was good to hear someone from THAT hospital say, "good job for moving her!"

And that is it.

No comments:

Post a Comment