Family Picture

Family Picture

Thursday, June 23, 2011

The One Where Parker Gets a Fish

Eric loves fishing.
He bought us all fishing supplies, and got us all licenses, and we went fishing at Wilson ponds just the other day.

I remember fishing with my Grandpa Carpender when I was little being a bit more eventful.
This time it was HOT, and Preslie wanted to play in the water (more like drowned in the water)
and we were there for over two hours with our picnic dinner we packed, and  . . . . nothing.

It was so sad, I was so bummed. I envisioned us goign out and pulling in all kinds of fish right and left, filling up our freezer, smoking fish and eating fish for the next couple of months.
No such luck.

Well Parker did have good luck.
BEGINNER'S LUCK.
He caught a fish on his very first cast,
and it was the only fish we got that day.

Beginner's luck? Nah, I guess I just have an awesome little fisher on my hands. We tried to get a picture with Parker and his fish, but he was so excited he kept squeezing the fish and dropping it, so the pictures all turned out a little blurry. But after this picture, Eric cleaned and cooked the fish, and Parker ate the ENTIRE thing all by himself!


No comments:

Post a Comment