Family Picture

Family Picture

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The One With the Famous Potato

The following posts will be my attempt to catch up on our daily happenings for the last month. It seems strange to me that it has only been a month since my last real posting, it seems like SO much has happened.

Eric defied all odds (or at least my expectations) by not only signing up for a half marathon, but training (sort of) and running (mostly) the Famous Idaho Potato Half Marathon on ay 18th, 2012. He and a handful of people from work decided to sign up together, train together (minimally) and run together. The running together part didn't happen after mile five, and while they did train a little bit I didn't think it was enough to prepare for 13.1 miles - alas, my husband who continues to amaze me with his many talents ran the half marathon in some pretty good time. I believe his time was 2h11m. May not compare to the guy who was running the full marathon that crossed the finish line about ten minutes after Eric, but I don't like those sickly thin fellows anyways.

I am amazingly proud of Eric for doing this, it is an incredible accomplishment, and I am grateful for my mother who came down to help me with the kiddos while we watched Eric cross the finish line.

Did I also mention that my sister is just as amazing and ran the half marathon (her second) as well? She is pretty awesome. I wish I was a runner so I could do these fun things with them . . . . . . actually no I don't. But I am sure proud of the two of them for doing it!




After crossing the finish line . . . . I probably would have puked


Aunt Britty

Pax was super excited for Daddy as well 



With these attitudes you would think they ran the entire 13.1 miles with Eric!


After the race was over Eric said he had accomplished something from his bucket list by running a half marathon and would never do it again. The following Wednesday I had activity days at our house and the back yard was a mess (literally, see picture above) so I decided to mow it . . . . . my reaction to something off my bucket list was similar.

And yet somehow I have mowed the lawn twice since.
Dang these ridiculous schedules we have!

No comments:

Post a Comment