Family Picture

Family Picture

Monday, March 14, 2011

The One With Tommy Emmanuel

February 17th Eric's Grammy, LouRita McNeil turned 80 years old! It's crazy to have a birthday party with a person who has lived a full life and seen so much, and a baby, turning one, who is just starting out. It's even more incredible to think that his Grandma was that age at one point in life, and now has become this amazing, incredible person who has raised 4 kids, 14 grandkids, and 5 great grandkids so far. It makes me excited to see what Parker and Preslie will become. . . . . although I am enjoying the ride in between and don't want this time to fly by.

On Friday night we went to a concert. Now I am slightly embarassed to admit this, but at 23 years old, this was only my second concert. When I was younger, my mom never let me go to concerts, she always said there was bad things that happened there so I couldn't go by myself, and she didn't want to go them either, so I couldn't have her as a chaperone. Our friends, Stan and Jenn invited us to go and see Dave Matthews Band in August, which was awesome! and it was one of Eric's favorite bands of all time. It was at the Taco Bell Arena and there were thousands of people there. This concert we went to in Portland was a little different, but still awesome.

It was at the Alladdin theater, and there were may 4oo people there. But this guy, Tommy Emmanuel, is incredible. I mean, it is the craziest thing you will ever see. He plays the guitar, but he more than just plays the guitar, it's hard to even describe. Look him up on YouTube because you will be blown away. I'm going to upload a video for you below, but you should still go and find this guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment