Family Picture

Family Picture

Sunday, March 27, 2011

The One With All The Shows

With the addition of Netflix, AppleTV and Vudu, and the cancellation of our satellite (since we weren't really watching it anyways) a whole new world of movies and television shows has opened up. We all have our favorites.

When Parker was little, there was nothing we could do to keep him still for longer than 30 seconds. He didn't like playing with pots, any of his toys, he woudl sit in his swing and yell until I took him out. It wasn't until we put on "Finding Nemo" one day that he sat for the entire show GLUED to the TV. It was UTOPIA! He still will sit and not move while he watches it, it's like a drug . . . . and I keep giving it to him.

Preslie has been harder, she keeps herself entertained amazingly, but I always feel bad that she's just sitting in some corner somewhere playing with dust bunnies. WELL . . . . Eric figured out the cure.

Preslie's new favorite show is Sesame Street. And she will sit, on her bum, cross-legged, with her blanket in her lap, sippie cup in one hand and binky in the other and just stare at the TV. I think she has a crush on Elmo.

Parker has a million shows he wants to watch. He loves Sid the Science Kid, which is awesome, cause if he watches mroe than one episode at a time while I clean the house I feel like at least he is learning something. He also loves Phineas and Ferb  . . . . . I love constantly hearing Ashley Tisdale scream "PHINEAS!!!!!!" Seriously, it is my favorite. And his new favorite today is Jimmy Neutron. I guess we will end up with a genius troublemaker for a son. We also just watched Dispicable me, which he has decided is called "Despicable Daddy" because he takes it to literally when Eric says it.

I too have found the joys of the "TV Series" category on Netflix. In addition to watching an entire Hollywood Video's worth of rented movies, I have watched the entire series of Prison Break, Friends, caught myself up on Bone's and Grey's Anatomy (I am very excited that both of these shows are currently in season) and have currently set my tastes on Pushing Daisies. Dirt, Cougar Town, and the Tudors are in my sights as well, although I am open to suggestions.

Eric . . . . he pretty much watches what I have on. I'm a hog like that. We tried watching Lost together, but honestly got bored after episode 7 . . . . . how long before something happens in this show? Besides that, we already heard that the series ends lame, major turn off. Then we tried watching Bone's together, but I got too into it and watched most of it without him. We watched a few episodes of Weeds last night . . . . Eric thinks its hilarious, I mostly don't know what's going on. . . . . we'll see how long this one lasts.

As a family we watch Bizarre Foods, or as Parker calls it "Czar food".

Good times. We will have well television versed children.

No comments:

Post a Comment