Family Picture

Family Picture

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

The One with October

I failed.
I was doing so good there for so long with keeping the blog updated, and then it all got busy and everything went nuts!!! So I guess I'll just do a quick recap of our October for memories sake. 

The first couple weeks of October were filled with me and my friend Kelsey getting prepared for our friend Jenn's surprise 30th birthday party. It was a blast! So much fun! I'm not excited to turn 30 in the least bit but planning a party for someone who is 30 and fabulous makes it a little better. Our theme was "30 rocks . . . . Tiffany's Style". So the colors were Tiffany blue, silver, and white. We spent a good amount of time putting together invitations with a Tiffany's theme. 



We made a ton of treats and dipped everything in chocolate . . . . like everything - brownies, rice krispie treats, pretzels, marshmallows, you name it, we dipped it. 
Kelsey and I were pretty impressed with the decorations and the party itself ended up being a huge success. Jenn was completely surprised - she had absolutely no whisper of an idea that anything was being put together. Which honestly was my biggest fear. Kelsey and I, in cahoots with Jenn's husband Stan, had been planning the party for about two months so I was afraid that somehow, someway, something would be given away.
Good friends.
Good food.
I think it's a pretty awesome way to spend a birthday!








Eric and I got season passes this year to the Farmstead for the family. We only ended up going three times since it just so happened that every day Eric had off was also freezing cold and it's about 30 minute drive from our house, but I think we still ended up with our money's worth so I guess it's all right. We even ended up going once with Brittany and Jared so our kids had fun with their cousins. The kids had a fun running around the mazes and playing in the corn box (like a sand box only filled with corn kernels). 





One of Eric's good friends from University of Phoenix (who was one of the first to move over to Simplot) throws a Halloween party every year. We've been as many times as we were invited. This year Eric and I got a little more into the "costume" side of the party and went as Flo and Mayhem. I thought this was a completely original idea, until I saw pictures of other people all over the internet with the same "original" idea. Oh well. We still had a lot of fun. We picked up the sitter and left, in costume, not thinking about the fact that we had several errands to run AND dinner to get before we went to the party. So we went all over town in costume. whoops.



Of course in October comes Halloween and Trick or Treating!!! Who could forget???
Once again my full intentions of making super duper awesome costumes for my kiddos went out the window. One of these days I will be done with school and hopefully find all the free time in the world to do fun things like that. Until then it was Target to the rescue that provided us with awesome costumes for all three kiddos. We went to the trunk or treat at our church, and went out trick or treating in the neighborhood for about an hour on Halloween night. Oddly enough Parker and Preslie had more fun handing OUT candy at our door than the did going door to door to pick it up. I guess next year maybe I'll just buy them a bag of candy and we can all stay home. ha ha. wishful thinking.



 This is Preslie's boyfriend, Zach. He is 26 and married to my best friend Kelsey, but that doesn't seem to stop Preslie, she is in love with him. Draws him pictures, gives him hugs and kisses, and talks about him all the time. Her favorite way of ending Halloween was to eat candy with Zach and pass out candy to trick or treaters.


That about sums up the crazy hecticness of October!

No comments:

Post a Comment