Family Picture

Family Picture

Sunday, March 17, 2013

The One With the Soccer Firsts

Last week Parker started soccer for the very first time in the history of ever!
Eric was a remarkebly good soccer player in high school (all-state), but I really don't know anything about it other than that you kick a ball through a net and Mia Hamm as insanely masculine abs.

I want my littles to experience being great at something. I want them to have the ego boos that comes from them being great at sports and I want them to start learning discipline while they are young so once they start school they can be good with time management and get good grades. Plus, I figure if we start them young enough maybe they can get scholarships to college and I won't have to choose between their savings being used for mission/wedding or college.

These little soccer players are adorable. In a round about, unintentional way, Parker ended up on the same team with four other boys from our ward. It is awesome! They all get along super well! Some of the boys have done a season of soccer before so they are a little more advanced, but I think it helps Parker and the rest of the team know what they are supposed to be doing.

Yesterday was Parker's first soccer game ever. I lost count on the score once we were up 27 to 3. The poor other team, it really was no contest. Parker did great, he assisted with a few goals, and ran super fast (we just need to work on him not being interested in watching his shadow while he runs). I am super excited to see where this first season of soccer takes him!

No comments:

Post a Comment