Family Picture

Family Picture

Sunday, March 17, 2013

The One With the Diva's Birthday

I cannot believe that this little princess is now three years old!
Looking back I can't really say the last three years have gone by fast, but it sure seems like that sometimes. This little girl is the most amazing little blessing that has ever come into our lives, she has taught us so much about faith in our Heavenly Father's plan for us, and how to hold on to and love the moments we do have with our children - they truly do not last forever, although I am grateful I will get to spend eternity with them.
 



Preslie is full of spunk.
Though she is but little, she is fierce.
I know everyone seems to be saying that about their daughters nowadays, but that statement is so fitting for this little girl. She is this little ball of independent fire all wrapped into a gorgeous, under three feet tall, package.
She is a fiery one.
She knows what she wants.
She knows when she wants it.
She is also one of the most loving little girls I have ever met, she is forgiving, and she is always concerned when others are sick.
 
Preslie's birthday was a little rough this year.
After Christmas, and Paxton's birthday party, a crazy trip to Portland, school, church, etc etc etc (does the list really ever end???) it seemed like an impossible task to pull of the typical HUGE birthday parties that I like to.
It didn't help either that Preslie's idea of what she wanted her birthday to be like changed daily hourly.
Strawberry Shortcake
Minnie Mouse
Hello Kitty
My Little Pony
Tea Party
 
I think she may have even asked for a princess pirate one in there somewhere. It was a little nuts. I kept thinking that as we got closer she would eventually decide on one, but she didn't. And if I tried to say "I think we should do [this] one" and it wasn't what she wanted at that moment, it started a sobbing fest.
 
It ended up being finals week for BOTH Eric and I as well (all this schooling will be worth it eventually, right???) so we really ended up doing it a lot more low key than I probably would have liked. I do plan on taking her and some family and friends out to a little cafe here that does tea parties, she is obsessed with teapots at the moment.
 
In the end we didn't do too much of any theme. We aren't HUGE cake eaters so we had strawberry shortcake with raspberry mouse. When we went to the store to get some supplies Preslie found these red velvet cupcakes and swore she had to have them. So we got them for cake instead, added some oreos to make them Minnie Mouse, and TA-DA done!
(for the record, we found these cupcakes at Walmart, they are peanut/tree nut free perfect for my nephew who has a bad allergy and they are delicious!!!)
 

 
Little Miss got spoiled rotten!



Getting Preslie to pose for pictures usually goes a little bit like these next three pictures . . . . she loses interest pretty fast. 






 
 From us this year Preslie got a tricycle to ride at grandma and grandpa's while we are at work, a pillow car just like Paxton's to ride while we are at home, the entire Strawberry Shortcake collection (insane), TONS of clothes, a sleeping bag (that she never wants to get out of), shoes, and underwear (That's right folks, we now are completely potty trained!).





 
I am so grateful to have this gorgeous little miracle girl eternally sealed to us. She is my favorite little princess!


No comments:

Post a Comment