Family Picture

Family Picture

Monday, May 14, 2012

The one whith, "Did I say things were crazy before???"

Crazy.

Busy.

Craziness. Have I said things were crazy before? This seems to be an undeniable new theme in my life. On that, quite frankly, I am getting a little annoyed with. I can't help but wonder sometimes, "Is it like this for everyone? Or am I just that different?????"

Life has been nuts.

Life is currently nuts.

But it's only going to get MORE nuts!!!! And not like a squirrel that wants nuts, but actually crazy hectic schedules - even more so than usual.

This last Friday my mother threw another one of her HUGE garage sales. And when I say huge, I mena HUGE. I'm not talking about those ones set up on people's driveways where there is a bunch of old furniture, and a few stained clothes, and maybe a disfunctional lawn mower.

No.

My mother has the mother of all OZ garage sales. And you know that based on the simple fact that she pulls in almost 5 grand a piece on these things. Quality merchandise I'm tell you people, quality merchandise.

It helps that they sold the showroom and now have massive amounts of furniture and decor. It also helps that they are giant hoarders and have decades worth of stuff they have been able to throw in their seven bay garage. If you had that kind of space, you would hold onto everything too.

But back to the craziness.

THURSDAY: at work, was preparation for the yard sale. I then came home to do a massive overhaul cleaning at our house for a meeting we were having Friday.

FRIDAY was the garage sale, leave at 3 to make it home for an important meeting, then take Preslie out because Friday, May 11th marks the YEAR point for PRESLIE!! Year in remission people, this is seriously amazing stuff!!

SATURDAY was the garage sale again - oh yeah, and Daddy worked, so Mommy got to have all three of the kids for an additional day by myself, it was great. After the garage sale, hurry home, get ready and head downtown for family pictures. Which are desparately needed - and let me tell you, I am excited to see teh end results! What my friend Katie was doing there, it was good stuff - look her up and book her for your pictures!! :)

SUNDAY: Oh what was that? You actually forgot to do a paper three days early, Crystal, and now it is due tonight? For that you must get up at 6:30 to work on it . . . until 9. Then eat Mother's Day breakfast, get the family ready for church, be there for Parker's first talk, leave early to make it to a Mother's Day dinner at the parent's in which I couldn't even keep my eyes open (really, I was falling asleep on th table) and make it home to your once clean house to start another work week.

The only cruddy part is, this craziness extends beyond just this last weekend, and extends for the next several months. This week: Scouts, Eric works late Thursday, Eric has the Idaho Potato Marthon on Saturday, following which we are supposed to go and prune a tree at the Church orchards. Next week: Tuesday is my brother's graduation dinner, wednesday is activity days and scouts, Thursday is my brother's actual graduation in downtown Boise in which I will be attending by myself with three kids as Eric works late, Friday work and then drive to Portland (in two cars) to see the littlest Marshall get home from his mission. Elder "Smack" will speak Sunday, we'll be in Portland until that Wednesday, work Thursday, Friday, and Eric has to be at University of Phoenix's graduation on Saturday. Following weekend, is the Reynold's family reunion in Idaho City, come back from that. Next Friday we have a concert which Eric's brother's are flying down for, and then we leave the next day for the Carpender family reunion near Pocatello. Come back from that, take a weekend off, and then leave for the Lewis family reunion in McCall.Then a trip to Utah for a baby blessing and baptism. And I forgot to mention that in this whole time frame we also have: my sister's birthday, memorial day, nephew's birthday, mother's birthday, grandmother's birthday, father's day, fourth of July, nephew's birthday, dad's birthday, brother in law's birthday, parker's birthday, my birthday, my brother's birthday, aunt's birthday, three final's weeks for Eric, two final's weeks for me, schoolwork, homework, scouts, activity days, meetings, work, working out, doctor appoitnments. . . . . and am I done yet?????

I can't even think of taking out even ONE of these family events because it's so busy. I wouldn't even know where to pull one! They are all so important to us, and to my family, that I can't even think of cutting something out.

Word of the wise: when you say outloud "things can't get any busier" you're dumb.

Cause it can ALWAYS get busier.

Just like it did for us.

Here's to the freakin' weekend, friends! It's been nice knowing you, but most likely I'll be checking out for a few months! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment