Family Picture

Family Picture

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The One With the Current "Quick" Update

Update time.
That's what it means when I have no time to actually blog about awesome things like I want to because my time is so completely filled up with what I am currently doing that I have no time to even sleep. Seriously, it's not the newborn babe keeping me up at night, it's the ability to have ten minutes that I can just SIT DOWN that keeps me up.
How can you not relish that for as long as possible?

Anyways.
Eric got some nifty award at work for being "Employee of the Half". Pretty amazing considering he's only been there for seven months anyways.
A month to get the swing of things and then six months excelling . . . . sounds good to me.
He also has been getting up super early to go and meet up with guys from work to run five miles.
Getting ready for a marathon in May  . . . . a marathon that has something to do with potatoes, creeks, or breasts as those are the only ones that happen in Idaho.
He's still going to school - trucking away at finishing up this Master's before the world ends sometime this year. Not sure why there's even the push to finish since he won't ever be able to put it to good use.
But hey, if the world ends it means no student loan repayment.
So really it's a win-win.

Still in school myself.
I spend my time arguing with people in my classes about demographics in gun control debates, how a person should really be spending their money, and most importantly the health care reform.
Really, you should ask Eric.
People get me so fired up with the ridiculous things they say that much of our pillow talk every night is consumed by my ranting of how it seems so many people today just want things handed to them.
I've been working out as well, though no marathons for me, at least not yet.
My sister put it best the other night at dinner "Crystal can't run!!!!"
Well, I CAN run.
My leg just ends up swollen to the size of a small tree trunk. I guess that's what three knee surgeries will do for you. Someday I'll get back into it. But for now I'll stick wit Tony Horton and his ridiculous P90X routine - how I LOATHE the way I LOVE you.

Parker is getting too smart for his own good.
He asks me constantly what is wrong with the LEFT since we are supposed to always choose the RIGHT. Funny kid I tell you, I'm not sure where he gets it from.
He also has developed a love for Lionel Richie songs.
Every time we go for a drive he asks to listen to the "sad people" song which we found means the Glee version of "Hello" and "Turn Around Bright Eyes".
I'm telling you this kid knows how to belt it Finn style, it's pretty awesome.
Eric and I also decided this summer is the summer to start sports.
I think we're starting with soccer, and then maybe we will incorporate some KARATE in with it too.
We will see.

Preslie is . . . .
a vaselien covered sticky mess.
Okay, only that one time.
She's cute. She wants to spend the entire day in the jacket for the monkey costume Parker wore for his third Halloween - the one from Old Navy that makes them look like they have huge bums. Pretty cute stuff. For whatever reasons he thinks that if she has that costume on she can go outside.
Interesting idea because I'd rather her NOT go outside in it, but she seems to have drawn some sort of correlation between the two. The doctor decided at her last appointment that she is lactose intolerant.
Yet another awesome thing to add to her never ending list of issues. She's hopeful that if we take her off ALL dairy for awhile Preslie's system will reboot and she will be able to have it again later.
For us this means she can no longer have cheese roll ups (which she loves), lasagna, string cheese, milk (which she was just starting to like again), and pretty much every other easy snack.
Seriously - like frosting, who would ever not want their daughter to have frosting because it has both milk and butter in it? LAME!!!!
So it is soy milk, almond milk, and coconut milk for her for a little while. We shall see how this goes.

Paxton is getting more smiley and interactive, I LOVE it.
At least on the RARE occasions he gets up in the middle of the night I am picking up a happy and laughing little boy . . . but seriously Pax, I would prefer to see that face AFTER seven am.
He sleeps through the night most of the time - a pretty consistent go down between 9-10 and wake up 730-8ish. Which there is NO complaining coming from me on this one. I wish his naps could get a little more consistent but that's about it.
The Relief Society gave us cute Oregon Duck colored binky clips and onsies. Eric had him dressed up in the tie-dye green and yellow onsie on Saturday with camo pants on - he looked like a hippy hunter . . . interesting combination.

We just got back from Portland and a trip to visit Grammy and Papa where we were spoiled beyond belief as usual. The kids always come back incredibly happy and Preslie always misses Denny. There is something about both my Dad and Eric's Dad, she LOVES them. At the end of May we will be headed back up there when Eric's younger brother gets home from his mission - watch out ladies, another Marshall will be on the market!!! He is probably my favorite brother of Eric's - Scott makes too many wierd dance moves when my Broncos lose, and Jeff would be cooler if I ever saw him. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment