Family Picture

Family Picture

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The One With My 33 Weeks

So today I am 33 1/2 weeks pregnant. . . . . .I think know I'm ready for this to be over. And please NO ONE post the "oh it will happen when it happens" or "not yet, the baby wouldn't be healthy" or blah blah blah.

Seriously, that drives me crazy! DUH! Of course I wouldn't actually want to go into labor and have this baby if it meant he wouldn't be healthy. And of course everyone else you hear say they are "so done" with being pregnant is thinking the exact same thing. All of us that are in this position have this thought "Please baby be healthy . . . . but if you could be healthy like now instead of in six weeks, I will buy you a Porsche when you're 16."

But yes, by all means child, if you are not "ready" to come out yet, stay in there a little longer . . . . just don't be surprised when you get a beat up old Volvo junker as your first car.


So anyways, I've been having lots of contractions. I keep thinking, okay this must be it, but then I look in the mirror and I think, "wait, have I 'dropped' yet?" I don't know if I have. It's all confusing to me. Every time I'm pregnant I "carry" in a different place. With Parker I didn't even look pregnant until the day they induced me, with Preslie I carried her in my spine and it hurt, with this one apparently you can tell it's a boy because I'm carrying "all out in the front"  . . . . or so says the lady at WalMart. Really, some people's inhibitions about talking to pregnant women surprises me. I can take that comment from Eric or my family or close friends, but somehow it takes on an insult-esque shape when said by a total stranger.

Two weeks ago at my doctor's apopintment they said "oh no, we'll check you next time" so I was pretty excited to go in today. Really this is because I had somehow convinced myself that they would check and say "Whoa you're a 4, let's get this baby out!!!" and that we would have a baby in time for ALL the holiday cheer. EHHHH WRONG!!!

Doctor comes in and says "Any questions for me?" Uh yes doc, I sure do:

1 - Remember when you told me to up my iron intake? Yes, well I did, and ever since I started that I have had this uncontrollable nose bleeds that last an hour and I'm pretty sure the last one had my entire liver in it. Oh good, you think it's not related? Interesting . . . . cause two days after I stopped upping my iron, the nose bleeds stopped. Just the weather? Yeah you're probably right, but I'm not risking it. Somehow I think my iron-depleted blood is probably better to deliver a baby with than no blood.

2 - I cleaned the ENTIRE office last Friday in preparation for a client that was coming in, and ever since I seriously feel like I've ripped open. It's like my hip flexers have been torn (or really the adductor muscles for those of you who know what those are) except up higher . . . . weird. I'm pretty sure this means that I'm going into active labor and you should take the baby out!!! EH wrong again. he says my "pelvic floor" muscle has probably been pulled and there's no way to fix it other than having the baby . . .  . well sheesh you have me sold, lets have this baby!!!!

No go? Really? Dr. West, I mean I like you, I've referred many a friend to you and your awesome ways, but man, you're killing me here . . ..  yeah I'm sure eventually I will thank you.

Moving on.

Then the question from the doc is, "Have you decided on getting your tubes tied?" Hmm . . . . that is the question.

I'm not all for taking away God's plan and not allowing our family to have more kids (although seriously if he's all powerful, I should be able to get pregnant whether those tubes are firmly latched or not) but this has been a LONG STANDING debate between Eric and I. Given some medical conditions I have, namely a seizure disorder, pregnancies are a little tough on me. Plus I have a broken back - no seriously, I know I'm not in a wheelchair or anything but you can believe me, I speak truth! It's called spondylolysis - look it up. Essentially my L5 vertebrae is split in half, and it can shift at any time, most commonly it happens in pregnant women. Oh goodie. So pregnancies are no joy ride for me, plus they seem to come of their own accord . . . .

Well doc, what do you think about IUD's? Are the effective?
Yes, they are 99.9% effective so that's good.
Ah yes doctor, but that's what they say about seasonale, birth control, and those little things that come in square packages.
That's true, you do seem quite fertile.

This is true sir, stop laughing at us. We've been that .1% THREE times over. All three on birth control, even multiple forms of birth control, and all this from Eric who's not even supposed to be able to HAVE kids! (or contribute to the process thereof as no man actually HAS kids.)

But really this seems like a massively monumental decision for my 24 years to handle. What if I tie the tubes and in four years decide it's time for JUST ONE MORE (ha ha likely story, we'd end up with triplets)??? But then again, what if in a year's time, with an IUD in we end up pregnant. Pregnancies with IUD's = disastrous consequences on mommy and baby.

Chances are we will stick with the IUD and double it up with total abstinence . . . . .psh. Too much information. Let's move on again.

So here I am 33 1/2 weeks, with a huge giant basketball in my tummy, I can't breathe, I sleep at nigth only because I take this wonderful little gel tablets of Unisom that knock me the truck out, I'm starting to not even be able to fit HUGE t-shirts over my stomach so I'm getting a complex, I can barely walk, I get tired going up the stairs, and before I got o bed at night I have to use the restroom at lesat seven times. (But that could just mean I'm OCD).

The doctor says they will absolutely start checking in two weeks at my next appointment, and everyone there after. That appointment is December 2, I'm just hoping I really don't make it that far. That would be nice.

1 comment:

  1. Haha you poor thing. I personally think being pregnant sucks! Love the end results, but really? Its sooo uncomfortable! When I still had like 2 1/2 months left, I was waiting in line somewhere and a guy was like, "Oh my, you go in front of me, you look like you are about to pop." I said, no I am fine, still have over 2 months but thanks for making yourself look like a jerk.. I failed to mention I was having twins so my size was bigger than normal, but I wanted him to feel stupid for messing with the prego girl! Good luck!!! :)

    ReplyDelete