Family Picture

Family Picture

Monday, November 7, 2011

The One Where Christmas is Already Started

So Eric and I have always been on opposite pages when it comes to when to set up the Christmas tree. We don't have many Thanksgiving decorations, as it isn't a MAJOR holiday that EVERYONE puts up decorations for, in our five year marriage we haven't put out the expense yet. I mean, you're lucky if we get up jack-o-lanterns for Halloween. We can't seem to find the time to really set up for anything, and I really am not too fond of the idea of storing it all. Really we thought this house was huge when we bought it, but I already feel as if we're busting at the seems. We need to put some serious cash into getting awesome gorilla racks and storage compartments etc etc and with all of Preslie's medical bills, the money just goes someplace else.

So anyways, to bring that story full circle, we don't have many Thanksgiving decorations. So sadly Thanksgiving in our house shares its decorations with Christmas. Last year I swear the tree was up the day after Halloween. Mostly because we had already started buying Christmas presents, and I was excited to wrap them and put them out.

Well this year I thought for sure it would be longer before we set up the tree. But here's the dilema. We have a baby due SOMETIME in December. While the actual c-section is for December 29th, my doctor doesn't seem to think there is ANY way that I will make it that far. I'm hoping I don't make it that far, but I'm also afraid he's jinxed it by saying it. If we were to have this baby as early as we had Preslie, it would be within the first 10 days of December. The idea of trying to adapt to three kids, heal from a surgery, handle a brand new baby, AND set up for Christmas is not very appetizing to me. I pointed that out to Eric, so yesterday, while we were listening to Stake Conference, I found Eric in the closet under the stairs digging out the Christmas tree.

So yes, it isn't even Thanksgiving yet, and we have our tree up. I'm actually glad we did it when we did. by the end of it, I was already tired and didnt' have energy for pretty much the rest of the day, so I can only imagine what it woudl have been like to set it up if we had waited a few more weeks.

Last baby doctor appoitnment was the horrible glucose test. This time I tried Lemon Lime - uh yeah, doctors it doesn't matter what fake flavor you give those things, they are still terrible. I was almost positive that all the blood tests would come up with something. I have been beyond tired with this pregnancy, I guess it could be just because I already have two kids to chase after, go to school full time, work full time, have a church calling, and blah blah blah, but I get seriously shaky if I don't eat at specific times of day. Shaky to the point where I will pass out if I don't eat, and feel sick for the entire rest of the day. no bueno. But the office policy on labs has always been "no news is good news" so they don't call you if everything is fine. Well I got no call over the last month. So instead I've just been complaining to Eric saying that we definitely can't have more kids - as if he needed any convincing.

Well on Friday it was the 32 week doctor appointment. The nurse walks in and says "You're glucose test came back great, but you're really low on iron. So if you've been feeling really tired, or weak, that's why." Oh gee, thanks! I coudl have been taking iron supplements for the last month and feeling better, but you decided not to call me. Sheesh! So I'm trying to UP my iron intake by eating massive amounts of cream of wheat and raisin bran. So far it hasn't made a massive difference, but I think it's starting to help out a little.

I thought for sure they would start checking me for dilation at this appointment. Sadly, I was kind of excited. Eric laughed because he couldn't figure out why I would WANT that. Well I don't want the actual act of it, but I've been having a lot of contractions, I was secretly praying I would go in, they would check and say "whoa you're at a 4" and then take the baby out. No such luck. They didn't even check, said they would start next time. Which makes more sense of course, but in my mind I know that when they start checking, that's when things are really getting close, and it seems so much more real.

We didn't even have clothes for this child until Saturday! That's how real, and yet NOT real it seems to be adding another rascal to this bunch. The second we found out what the gender was with both Parker and Preslie there was a huge shopping trip to stock up on almost everything we needed. So I'd say that waiting an extra 12 weeks is pretty crazy for us. Mostly it's been about time, then also we've been trying like mad to get all of Preslie's $10K in medical bills paid off BEFORE this baby comes, that we just don't go out and spend money practically anywhere else.

Well the idea that if this baby comes as early as Preslie, we could have a baby with us in a little less than 4 weeks, and if we were to go earlier even less time, kind of hit us this last weekend. So we went to the new Carter's the opened up by Cabela's and went shopping. I found when Preslie was litle, that around the house, all I ever wanted her in was a onsie and loose pants. It just didn't seem comfortable to her to be in anything else, and I didnt' like getting her nice clothes dirty when all we were just staying inside. So she had a couple different sets of onsies and about three nicer outfits to wear to family functions. So that's what we did with this one too. He has some super awesome onsies, a few t-shirts, and then about four outfits to wear out around the town in both newborn and 3 month sizes. We also bought Parker and Preslie some long sleeve shirts for winter, and amazingly we left spending less than $140. Umm, yes, I love the awesome sales we find ourselves in.

So now we have clothes for the little one, the house is all set up for Christmas in case he wants to come out early (please please do!) and now, knowing my luck, we will make it to the c-section date . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment