Family Picture

Family Picture

Sunday, April 22, 2012

The One With the Health Related Question

As you know I am currently doing my degree in Health Administration. Call me crazy, but for whatever reason I LOVE this industry, and I'd say I'm fairly good at it. Several people messaged me after reading a previous post about how my ridiculous amount of time on the phone with insurance companies for my family as well as my parents/brothers has given me an almost superhuman understanding of how insurance works - and I'll tell you one thing, it almost ALWAYS works different than what people think it does (at least that is what is becoming apparent as I continue my degree and hear people say things in my class . . . . often they say things that, well, for lack of a better word, are IDIOTIC incorrect.

However, I have also found that I LOVE teaching people the things I understand about this industry. For the people that sent me questions about their insurance . . . . I LOVED answering the questions, just in case you couldn't tell by the lengths of my responses. And I have this feeling that there may be people who have questions they just didn't want to ask.

In an effort to further my education in my degree, and as numerous assignments for my classes ask for this, I'd also LOVE (there's a lot of lovin' in this post) to hear what my friends and family have questions on. It could be anything simple: what is a pre-existing condition (this one is HUGE because I find most people have very similar misconceptions on this one), how do deductibles work, what's the best insurance plan for my family, what's an HMO, what's a PPO, how is health care reform going to effect me, how do we lower medical costs, what is medicaid/medicare, and so on and so on.

I'll be posting some blogs of all this stuff anyways, so if you have something specific you'd like for me to address, let me know!

  . . . . . . because just in case you didn't realize this by reading this post . . . . I LOVE to talk about it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment