Family Picture

Family Picture

Sunday, December 16, 2012

The One With the Ear Infection



This little man is sick.
Why, you may ask?
Because he is almost a year old and that is when EVERY one of our kids start to break down.
He was up all night on Wednesday, then again on Thursday.
Long and terrible nights.
It is so tough to see this little boy who is usually so happy and content be so upset. And I feel like a terrible mom when no matter what I do it doesn't change anything.
Friday we called the pediatrician and took him in.
 
DOUBLE EAR INFECTION!
Like bad!
I was like, "WHAT?!?!?!?"
The kid hasn't tugged at his ears once.
And we are pros at the Marshall house with ear infections. Parker had 10 seperate ear inefections before he was a year old. So many that they put tubes in his ears at 14 months old. So I would have thought surely we could have found out what was wrong with him.
 
The doc also said they are seeing massive amounts of influenza rolling through their office. She said she thought it was possible that is what caused it all . .. . only Pax hasn't thrown up, which I am grateful for.
 
In any case, he finally slept an okay night Saturday to Sunday. Today he stayed home from church with Daddy while I went and did my librarial (?) librarian (?) duties.
But when he gets really upset and grumpy I find that it helps to calm my 7 hours of sleep in the last four days brain to look at pictures like this one where he is happy.
 
About a week ago Pax had is first Lofthouse Sugar Cookie.
This kid doesn't eat, pretty much ever, hence the oral therapist, but look at that he slicked up that cookie real quick.
I understand, Pax, those cookies are my kryptonite too.

No comments:

Post a Comment