Family Picture

Family Picture

Thursday, October 11, 2012

The One with the Frenuloplasty

Surgery time at the Marshall house, right? I know that's what you're all thinking. I don't know what it is with our little family, but there's always something medical happening it seems like. Or maybe it's that we're always paying off medical things that have happened. The payments last oh so much longer than the procedure, that is for sure. That is my favorite part of Eric's job having such awesome benefits. We rarely find ourselves in a situation where we have to make payments for longer than a couple months. It is awesome. I am so glad to finally be done with individual insurance plans!

We had to be to the surgery center with Pax at 6:30. That is so early. Especially since it takes us 30 minutes to drive there. That means up at 5 for Mom! SUPER FUN! It was nice at least that we didn't have to worry about trying to keep Pax happy without eating for hours.

He went in, he had surgery, it took about 20 minutes, and the anesthesiologist brought him out himself. Of course Pax was already crying. In the SWIDENT surgery center the nurses always talk about hwo most babies just sleep when they come out of surgery. A nurse brings them out, puts them in your arms, and they are just asleep and slowly wake up.

I call crap.

At least for all of our kids. Every single one of them wakes up screaming and flailing. It makes me feel slightly bad for the other patients since there is only a thin curtain separating the rooms. We eventually got him calmed down enough to go home.

He has one stitch in his top lip and one under his tongue. I don't think he has any idea what to do with his tongue - it's such a new thing for him. He hasn't quite figured out how to suck on his bottle well again. And other than a few bites of pudding he hasn't eaten anything baby food-ish either. It's okay though, I know we'll get him back into the swing of things.

As of right now, I am beyond ecstatic for bed tonight. Instead of sleeping off all the anesthesia last nigt Pax decided to stay up all night, forcing me to watch the entire final season of One Tree Hill. And as much as I like the show, and as much as I wanted to watch the final season, I definitely like my sleep better.

Here's to hoping I can get at least four hours of solid sleep tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment