Family Picture

Family Picture

Sunday, September 2, 2012

The One with the Office Remodel Finish and More Potential

We really finished these quite some time ago. But honestly, life has been so hectic crazy that I didn't ever have the desk completely cleaned up where I felt like it would even look good to take a picture. But here it is, all done. Eric did the built ins - wich I feel like are quite spectacular. When the realtor came over and saw them she thought they were incredible, and was speechless when I told her they were Eric's handiwork. He did an awesome job for sure.

I did the paint. A compilation of a couple different ideas found on none other than pinterest itself. BUT the names for the clocks I did just finally do this last week. So I guess that's what the picture is for. It's not all done yet. I really wanted to do like 5-7 clocks, and I think the wall can handle that many, IKEA just only had three when we went the last time (Gasp, I know!) So we will work up towards that number I guess.

We also started the refinance process on our house this last week. Figured if we were going to stay here for a little longer, we may as well drop the interest rate so we can continue paying the same payment and lower the principal even faster. Did you know you can choose to refinance without extending your loan back out to 30 years? ME NEITHER! The things you can find when you talk tot he experts! It's crazy I tell you. It also lowers the monthly mortgage payment by about three hundred dollars. The plan is that we will either continue paying what we did before or throw it all in a savings account. When we go to rent, the bank wants to see six months of saved up mortgage payments. The lower monthly payment also means its more likely that we coudl rent the house for what our payment is every month.

Some other upgrades on the docket in the near future. The mortgage broker told us not even to worry about refinancing unless we were planning on sticking around for the next two years at least. I guess it's doable. Sure I'd love to be out faster than that, but if we could sell our house and make money off it, I would sure love that as well. Besides that we are breaking into the financial situation where we can make the upgrades and improvements that we want to. Which is awesome! So in the not so distant future we are putting in curbing in the front AND back yard. This is seriously a project. We put in a nice planter flowerbed around our entire fence last year, and have put plants and bark in this year. I think it's about 300 feet of curbing. But I think it will do a lot for the curb appeal of the house, and AMAZING things for the amount of wedding I have to do between our grass and flower beds. That guy is coming on Tuesday.




Eric and I have also been looking at new countertops and back splash. Nothing too fancy, because we are still concerned about a return on our investment, and I don't think our kitchen was that bad to begin with. But I just want something in there to lighten up the kitchen. So if you have any awesome kitchen ideas, let me know! I'd love to see 'em. Some day soon I'll get the kids room done too. Man I'm such a lame mom. I start the projects, paint and then move on. Lol. Michael's and Hobby Lobby are about to become my new best friends!

1 comment:

  1. Wow that is awesome. Love it. We're planning on doin some built-ins in our living room. Kevin will have to get some tips from Eric!

    ReplyDelete