Family Picture

Family Picture

Saturday, September 29, 2012

The One with the Carpal Tunnel

Monday September 24th Eric went in to get his hand chopped off.

Well not literally, although Parker was super excited to see daddy come home with a hook. But it didn't happen. In his right hand he had carpal tunnel as well as a cyst at the base of his thumb where it meets up with the arm's long bone.

The surgery center was sadly (and unbeknownst to me) owned by West Valley and only furthered my hatred towards them. I guess I should correct that. I don't hate them. The doctors appear to be competent, but the administration aspect is just off.

Anyways, I don't even want to get into it, I just get angry. The good news is he got in and out ALIVE and with all of his appendages. I also got an amazingly hilarious video of my drugged out of his mind husband on the way home. If you haven't already seen it, you should check it out on Facebook, I promise it is worth the 12 minutes of your time.

And now about 5 days later, Eric is doing okay. He's sore, A LOT! And I think he's getting a little over not being able to use his dominant hand to do anthing like do his hair or brush his teeth - and I can't lie and say I am not looking forward to the day when Eric can help out by changing diapers again here and there.

I'm sure the process will be slow, but we are looking forward to it being over . . . . just in time for the other wrist to be done! MAN! Employer insurance was super amazing though again, looks like we won't be paying more than $300 for it total, which I am ecstatic about! He keeps talking about "when I graduate and leave to go [somewhere]" and I'm just like NO WAIT DON'T LEAVE! But we will find a way to survive I am sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment