Family Picture

Family Picture

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The One with the BIG BEDDD

Okay so the much awaited picture of our bed.
I know you've all been waiting for it.
Probably not.
Really I'm just wanting to keep a running track of what it looks like now compared to what it looks like next month . . ..  cause that's how often we change things in this house.
Actually I think we'll probably keep it.
But we need to get an actual bed, cause currently it's just sitting on a standard metal frame which means no headboard, and that just isn't acceptable. We LOVE the bed from IKEA that matches our dresser and night stands, but it's kind of ULTRA modern, and I'm finding that I am heading into this more organic modern phase as of late. I mean seriously, our walls are like a light shade of purple/gray but they aren't entirely gray and that is new for me. Also our bedding has a color other than black/white/gray/black/white/gray or any other variation of black, and white, and gray. We've come a LONG way hubbs and I have.
So yes, organic modern, hence the bedding I guess.
Really we were kind of limited on bedding options. We'd just painted the walls about two months ago, and that's the third time they've been painted since we bought our house. Pretty quick here we are gonna have to scrape off all the old paint, and I'm not looking forward to that.
So the walls are this SUPER light gray with an almost pink/purple tint - can you believe hubbs let it get painted that color?!?!?
Actually he picked it out.
Sort of.
So keeping with that color pallette we didn't have too many options. We looked online for DAYS to find something, but couldn't. Then we ended up at Bed, Bath, and Beyond and found this little number ON SALE **FIST PUMP**
And then we spent a million dollars on the sheets. So it didn't matter anyways.
So yes, this is the bed. Here is the before picture.
Before meaning before we tackle the headboard that I am going to make going to have hubby make while I stand and supervise.
I'll post that up when we get it done . . . . . next year.



1 comment:

  1. Thank you for saying you change things up often! I have painted the extra room in our house, well I think it just had its 5th paint job last week! And we are on our 3rd set of couches since we moved here less than 2 years ago. Call me crazy but I need change often! Looks cute!! :)

    ReplyDelete