Family Picture

Family Picture

Thursday, December 2, 2010

FUNNY BOY

Parker has become quite the talker. When he was younger we always said, "I can't wait 'til he learns how to talk" and everyone was like, "Don't say that, you won't want it when he does."

I disagree, I LOVE that Parker knows how to talk, I love that he knows how to communicate, and that he understands us, and he can tell us what he wants, and that we don't have to play the guessing game every time he's upset. However, Parker is our little IT guru . . . . as in INCESSANT TALKING!


He talks ALL the time. I mean he's good at all the IT, technology stuff too, but I already feel bad for his future teachers because the kid seriously talks all the time, even in his sleep. We'll say "Parker! Be quiet!" and instead of not talking, he just whispers. . . . . which I guess is a more literal translation.


Parker also loves gum. I love it when he tells me he is done and spits a wad of it, plus several ounces of saliva, in to my hand to throw away.


The other day we were in the car and he asked for a piece of gum. Eric gave him some, and Parker was obsessed with the fact that the gum was green - to the point that he wouldn't eat it, he just held it in his hand and looked at it.


A few minutes later we hear this SHRIEK from the back seat, turn around and Parker is freaking out.


"WHERE'S MY GUM!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!"


"Parker what did you do with it?"


Eric is trying to manuever the car in the snow, I can barely reach Parker to do any sort of consoling, much less find the gum, and Parker just continues to shriek.


In the middle of one of his teenage girl hysterical wails he stops abruptly, puts his hand into his mouth and says:


"Oh, it's in Karke'rs mouth."


After which point he stops crying and stares at the window, "Look, Mom, stars!"


I love how ADD kids are.


Then in Utah we bought him a cheap dollar store bow and arrow set, which he also loved. He was playing with it on our ridiculously long journey back home. I looked back at him at one point and realized that the foot long arrow he had been playing with, was now only six inches long.


"Parker, why did you break that?"


"It was too big, now it's little."


Well I guess that makes sense too.

1 comment:

  1. He's so awesome! It's about time I meet your children!

    ReplyDelete