Family Picture

Family Picture

Thursday, September 5, 2013

The One with the Sixth Birthday

I seriously cannot believe that this little man
is SIX YEARS OLD!!!!!
 
Where did the time go?
I still remember that painful delivery like it was yesterday.
Seriously, it's a wonder I've had any more kids after that one. :)
 
But here he is in all of his six year old glory!
 
What can you say about Parker?
Well really, what can you NOT say about Parker?!!?
 
He is a wonderful big brother!
 - His favorite color is blue
- He loves soccer, baseball, football, riding bikes
- He still hates getting his hair done
- He has lost three teeth
- He is a tough little boy. I sometimes forget that he is only 5 (or 6) years old. I rely on him for so much and he is such a strong and talented boy that it's easy for me to forget he is little still.
- He is shy and he gets embarrassed easy. He blushes every time he gets a compliment.
-I caught him downstairs the other morning making cereal for he, Preslie, and Pax.
- I hear him yell "I love you" and "goodnight" to Preslie pretty much every day.
- He is a helper, he loves to help carry groceries in.
- He asks "Why?" to everything. He loves to know how things work.
-He is great with math and science type stuff, figuring out how things function.
- He still has a little lisp, he can't say his teacher's name quite right ;) But I think it's adorable.
- He doesn't notice girls. For now I like this. He just thinks of them as friends but doesn't realize that some of them have crushes on him.
 
 
Parker's birthday was pretty laid back and low key. It was not too long after we got back from Portland the first time, and it was only a couple days before we went to Portland for the second time. He didn't want a huge party like last year - he didn't ask for a theme of any kind, all he said he wanted was root beer floats - the kind you spin like Grandma Great.
So we did that. Just had family over for root beer floats.
 
We let him pick what he wanted for lunch: Chick-fil-a of course!!!
I picked some up for him on the way home from gymnastics with Preslie.
This kid could (and would) eat Chick-fil-a for breakfast, lunch, and dinner if we let him. Too funny!
 
Rather than have one big present fest where everything gets glossed over and ignored (like it is at Christmas) we had Parker open up a present every few hours throughout the day. I had expected him to not be happy about that idea and complain (and then I most likely wouldn't have forced it) but he actually was completely fine with it.
 
First he opened up clear legos that have lights. I guess they are the big thing for boys now.

He also got some cool playstation and Wii remotes to use when he gets to play video games with Daddy. Which I'll be honest, doesn't happen much, but he loved the idea of having his own special controllers for those rare occasions so much that we ended up getting him some. He also got some clothes, and a spiffy hat.
 
His BIG present from us was an AppleTV to have in his room. 

And contrary to what this picture looks like he was pretty excited. I don't think he understood what it was for a long time after he opened it.
 



Parker's birthday was on a Thursday, but we had a combined family party for he and I on Saturday where we had his Root Beer floats!! It was kind of hard to get candles to stay up and lit in it, but it was pretty delicious!




Grandma and Grandpa Great Carpender got him pirate pajamas (which he has worn pretty much every night since), and Grandma and Grandpa Lewis got him a HUGE remote control car. Unfortunately Paxton claimed the car as his, unilaterally, the second it was opened and Parker hasn't really been able to play with it much since. But Paxton sure loves it!



I still can't believe this little bugger is six years old, it means that I am getting old, and it means that my days with him as my little boy are dwindling down. I look forward to the next six years but pray they don't go by as fast as these ones did!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment