Family Picture

Family Picture

Sunday, April 28, 2013

The one with the Easter Bunny

Easter this year was so early!!! Anyone else agree? The end of March, just barely done with Preslie's birthday and not even enough time for the grass to green up at all or for flowers to bloom and BAM it's Easter! I love Easter, and I love the Spring, so it's all good for me.

Something we didn't think of when buying our current house: the back yard faces exactly west, and there are no houses to obstruct the sunshine from shining in our back yard and all the windows on the back of our house. Makes for a super bright house. But it also makes for a house that gets super hot, super fast, and a backyard that especially in the summer months can be almost unbearable for our kiddos to play in. Eric and I had been talking for quite some time about putting up a gazebo or pergola (what really is the difference anyway) in the backyard for almost as long as we have been in the house. Our backyard has really kind of been this ongoing effort. It was a bare patch of grass when we moved in and we have done so much to it, and then changed all that around and done even more. i think we finally have most of the blueprint of it settled - or at least I hope so since we have put in concrete curbing that aside from costing a pretty penny will be incredibly hard to move around if we decide to switch it up again. Idea: let's NOT move anything in the backyard around ever agin. DEAL!

Back to Easter. Simplot closed their entire plant over Easter weekend. They said it was to do scheduled maintenance, but I think it was an easy way to ensure that all their employees took of time to spend with their families over the Holiday, which I LOVED. Eric ended up with quite a few days off and on the Wednesday before Easter decided to tackle the pergola while I was at work. I left both of the boys since Preslie had gymnastics after work and honestly I expected to come home later that afternoon to a half finished pergola because I figured there was no way Eric could do it all himself.

How wrong was I?!?!?!? MAJORLY WRONG that's how wrong!

Instead I came home to the entire pergola up! We had to hurry and stain it before Easter weekend, but I'm sure that was the easy part.


I was happy Eric was able to get it all doen before Easter came and everyone was in our backyard. I wish the grass had been a little greener, and the plants had been blooming even just a touch, but what can you really expect I guess when it's MARCH!

Anyway, this year we hosted the Easter egg hunt at our house. Right now it just includes our three kids, and my sister's three kids but I love how all of them are within the same age range so they get along so nice.

I also wish that I had been better about snagging some truly awesome Easter egg hunt pictures, but with six kids all under the age of 6 I think we were pretty lucky to get any pictures. Once they get out there, the game is on and they don't appreciate any interruptions.

Paxton has a particular soft spot for my Grandpa Carpender. Paxton loves to sit and cuddle, and so does Grandpa Great so they have become great buddies!

All six kiddos lined up and ready to go out and hunt for their eggs!


Paxton wasn't so sure about what was going on, but he went out in the line with them all.



We also had the pleasure of Eric's youngest brother, Mat, who is about one year off his mission comign down from Rexburg and staying with us over Easter. Actually, to be honest we even had a surprise guest, Eric's cousin, Chris, stop in on his way through as well. I kind of love being right in the middle of Rexburg/Utah and Portland, I think it's the only way we end up getting to see the majority of Eric's family because we haven't been able to make it up to Portland as often as we would like. Uncle Mat (or uncle smack as our kids call him) popped a family picture of us all right as we were headed out to church on Easter Sunday. I can't believe how crazy old this little family of ours is getting, I sure do love them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment